What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I had this was when Nordy gave me one in a trade. Been looking for it everywhere since then, but couldn't find it. I finally found it today at a shop that I rarely go to due to it's distance. First I gasped, then I did a double take then I did a small :ban: on the inside.

I've seen that many times in the store and stupidly skipped over it and bought another beer. Next time, I won't be so stupid. That looks tasty. Enjoying a NB Caribou Slobber homebrew now. And some scotch. Pleased with both. :drunk:

I have never seen that beer before, but it looks awesome!

It is! So freaking sour and delicious.

I've seen that many times in the store and stupidly skipped over it and bought another beer. Next time, I won't be so stupid. That looks tasty. Enjoying a NB Caribou Slobber homebrew now. And some scotch. Pleased with both. :drunk:

Yeah, get with the program, man! ;)

Scythe & Sickle- passed it up too many times-love it! Glad to have 3 more of it.

A half and half of my Promised Land Stout and Chocolate Orange Peel Stout. The mixture is actually better than the individual beers.

image-1140653225.jpg

Timothy Landlord pale ale.Holy crap 4.1%. This is very damn good. Im brewing this also this weekend too. Or close to this. I was thinking of upping everything but its flavorfull enough I think,maybe I shouldnt. For a 1.5 gal batch this will be a breeze. Using burton ale yeast/salts hopefull is a good idea. Think they use London ale yeast,will see what happens. Im thinking something good.Thanks to Golden Promise.

Last time I had this was when Nordy gave me one in a trade. Been looking for it everywhere since then, but couldn't find it. I finally found it today at a shop that I rarely go to due to it's distance. First I gasped, then I did a double take then I did a small :ban: on the inside.

Again... I am extremely jealous of your photography skill. That pic is KILLER!!

My own sweet cider from last august. 16%, still, and amazing.

Niiiiice!! Any way I can grab that recipe?
Drinkin my own apple cinnamon cider, its really my first serious shot at cider (pretty basic recipe) Im blown away the difference a couple months age on this stuff makes, absolutely delicious.

ForumRunner_20130307_232400.jpg

A half and half of my Promised Land Stout and Chocolate Orange Peel Stout. The mixture is actually better than the individual beers.

View attachment 106072

Chocolate Orange Peel Stout

huh wha???

Since December, i've been fostering my love of highly kilned, roasty, chocolaty malt beer. Must be a winter thing.

With a touch of orange peel.. sounds potentially amazing.

PS sorry a mix of beers weirdly made them better. :mug:

Niiiiice!! Any way I can grab that recipe?
Drinkin my own apple cinnamon cider, its really my first serious shot at cider (pretty basic recipe) Im blown away the difference a couple months age on this stuff makes, absolutely delicious.

View attachment 106073

Not much of a recipe.

OG: 1.110
FG: 0.98
ABV: 16%

I'm not joking about that FG either, it isn't an error. I had to switch hydrometers to get it to register.

It's just great value unsweetened 100% juice apple juice. Then table sugar until you reach gravity. 1 tbs yeast nutrient, and 10 grams dried distillers yeast. That's about 4 tsps. The batch size was 3.5 gallons. So, it would have been 13 quarts of juice to compensate for all the sugar that was added.

After 15 days, I added about 6.5 lbs of cleaned, cored, sliced, and lightly steamed green apples. Somebody at work had a bunch from there tree they didn't want. 6.5 lbs is the weight of the finished apples just before addition. I lost a lot to bad spots and bugs, no care was taken with the tree. Probably would use granny smith's if I was going to try to copy this with store bought supplies. I also added 1.75 tsps pectin enzyme.

It sat on the fruit for about 2 weeks. Then I fished out the apples, and poured the whole batch through a colander to get the rest of the pieces out.

When it was done, I back sweetened with table sugar until it was where I wanted it. Bottled, bottle pasteurized. In a new batch I would probably use frozen apple juice concentrate to back sweeten.

Happy Brewing. :mug:

Tonight I had some Henry Weinhards IPA (I wrote about it on my blog tonight) and followed up with some Short's Good Humans (y u so gud?) And just tried Redd's Apple Ale for sh!ts and giggles. Not sure if it's because I'm drunk or if it actually just tastes like a cider instead of a fruit ale.

iambeer said:
Chocolate Orange Peel Stout

huh wha???

Since December, i've been fostering my love of highly kilned, roasty, chocolaty malt beer. Must be a winter thing.

With a touch of orange peel.. sounds potentially amazing.

PS sorry a mix of beers weirdly made them better. :mug:

The sweet orange peel didn't come out like I wanted it to. It left a sort of off flavor. I probably should've used some fresh orange zest along with it. There is a nice chocolate flavor and roastiness in the beer that I enjoy but the flavor of the orange peel that did come through is a little weird and needs to be toned down. As for the Promised Land Stout, it's good on its own but lacks the roastiness that the other has and is a touch too sweet. So when mixed together, one gives the other what they need.

I always pass it up because of the price but I got a growler of it and enjoyed every sour drop. I did not expect it to be so sour on the first sip but after the initial puckering it was delicious and going to pick a four pack up soon. :mug:

Im drinking a Williams Bros- Alloa, Scotland - 7 Giraffes. This beer is minted.(really good in Scottish)

Got to try Pliny The Younger at Local 44 in West Philly (thanks Nate).

Very good, but I was a little disappointed that drinking it didn't give me magic powers...

I'm drinking crapy coffee while I get ready to head home. I'll be having some HB'ed bitter when I get home though.

WesleyS said:
The sweet orange peel didn't come out like I wanted it to. It left a sort of off flavor. I probably should've used some fresh orange zest along with it. There is a nice chocolate flavor and roastiness in the beer that I enjoy but the flavor of the orange peel that did come through is a little weird and needs to be toned down. As for the Promised Land Stout, it's good on its own but lacks the roastiness that the other has and is a touch too sweet. So when mixed together, one gives the other what they need.

For something like that I would have probably made a nice chocolate stout and then added a fraction of a drop of orange oil to a sample to see how it was. Then you could just dose it before packaging. I'll bet some bergamot orange oil would add a really kick ass flavor if you didn't overdo it and make it taste like perfume.

Drinking my marblehead Lager and let me say... Wow it is delicious well done cool brewing fermentation chamber!

Another long week at work down. I left early today with some coworkers and got a couple of beers. I had a 4 Hands Single Speed Session and Dark Horse Thirsty Trout there. I then stopped by the store and picked up Founders All Day IPA. That's currently chilling in the fridge while I enjoy a Schlafly AIPA.

image-3122456521.jpg

Back