Blichmann boil screen for pellet hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even whirlpoool. At flame out, I just put the lid on and let the hops settle to the bottom. I have not had a problem with clogging.

I was thinking of getting one of these. In the past I have used balls of stainless pot scrubbers as a basic filter.

Has anyone tried putting a couple of pot scrubbers inside the HB as an additional filter? I am somewhat concerned as I use a whirlpool IC and clogging can be show stopper.

Just started brewing. Drank two batches and two waiting. I was under the impression the hops, orange peel etc are good in the fermenter no? I was thinking of buying the HB just so i don't get aggravated when it plugs trying to drain.

In Australia, it's virtually impossible to get flowers for imported hops so we have to use pellets, but I'm getting sick of the sludge absorption.

Hop blocker looks like the perfect solution. Anyone know what the ideal inlet height would be if you we're getting a new port put on a new kettle?

Back