My own private CL keg score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wehumble

Time to brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally! Say hello to my new HLT & fermenters, aka 3x Golden Gate style kegs!

DSCF3244.JPG

$20 bucks each and totally legit. The guy works for Inbev (nee AB) here in St. Louis and got them from the brewery when they quit using them. 10 years in his garage and one angry wife later, they are mine! :mug:

Can't weld a bit, and I don't know that many welders. But I do know a lot of machinists.

I'm going to design a screw plug that will seal the inlet and outlet with an o-ring. Then I can attach hoses, valves, dip tubes, what have you.

The bung hole in side makes a great inspection port. I'm thinking a big-ass silicone or rubber bung ought to do the trick. One of them had a wooden bung which was the way they used to seal these things even when pressurized.

Cool score. Those will definitely not be "the Norm". But, different is good. However, those would make a sweet start on a dune buggy or sand rail gas tank. "If" you wanted to go more conventional. Luck - Dwain

Back