2009 Peterson Air Force Base Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!! This is Awesome...Thanks for the info. I am so there. Now the wheels start turning as to what to brew up....ahhh the possibilities. Thanks for the heads up :ban: :mug:

That's pretty awesome, but I'm kind of surprised at this. The way the Air Force preaches not "glamorizing alcohol", this seems kind of out of sorts.

We are talking a Homebrew competition, not a beer pong competition! We must remeber that troops have been drinking beer since George Washington. In fact I belive he even made sure his troops had a least a quart of beer a day to keep them contempt.

We are talking a Homebrew competition, not a beer pong competition! We must remeber that troops have been drinking beer since George Washington. In fact I belive he even made sure his troops had a least a quart of beer a day to keep them contempt.

Are you in the Air Force? I take it not, because if you knew how ridiculous they are about drinking in general, you'd be as amazed as I am that they are allowing "Peterson AFB" withing 10 miles of that title.

Homebrewing is still "glamorizing alcohol" in the AF's mind set.

I'm just surprised.

Are you in the Air Force? I take it not, because if you knew how ridiculous they are about drinking in general, you'd be as amazed as I am that they are allowing "Peterson AFB" withing 10 miles of that title.

I'm just surprised.

Well I hope you can make it there. We would appreciate your support!

I'm just surprised.

It greatly depends on context. Most of the emphasis is on DUIs and alcohol abuse in general. Responsible drinking is pretty much ignored as it causes no significant problems.

BTW: I trade homebrews with my first sergeant. There is another guy that is really interested after tasting my Amarillo Pale Ale during our annual squadron camping trip.

Chris

Back