Cheddar, and Jack Cheese new cheesehead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user6244

Reaction score
Hey thought since I signed up a few months ago I should share some of my cheese attempts.

IMG_20140928_082022.jpg

This one just completed this morning after a 12 hour press.....

IMG_20140927_143241.jpg

Just a pic on starting the cheese pictured above..

My last Pepper Jack below..

C2EepHk-_YI7GJejkWu_cML2It8f3xvZGy1-Ol_RfCg=w677-h903-no

IMG_20140819_185308.jpg

IMG_20140819_185517.jpg

Hey Thanks, and oh so far they have tasted great (not sure about the big one yet as it is still baking in the cave)...

I am over in Korea and the milk I use typically is Good Pasture Milk which is pasteurized at 63c for 30 minutes,, I have also used another milk but not sure the name other than it has big letters/numbers with 63C

I have used both tablet and liquid right now or for the ones above it was liquid animal rennet ...

I have some cultures from a mad millie kit and others from different places I ordered from on the internet,,in fact I just got a culture for doing swiss cheese but it took to long to get here and the freeze pack was all but thawed out for I dont know how many days... :( I put it in the freezer and will try it later when I get ready to make a swiss...

I just finished making some mozz a few days ago.. Milk is very expensive here I bought 2 gallons for about 29 dollars US.....

Hey Thanks, and oh so far they have tasted great (not sure about the big one yet as it is still baking in the cave)...

I am over in Korea and the milk I use typically is Good Pasture Milk which is pasteurized at 63c for 30 minutes,, I have also used another milk but not sure the name other than it has big letters/numbers with 63C

I have used both tablet and liquid right now or for the ones above it was liquid animal rennet ...

I have some cultures from a mad millie kit and others from different places I ordered from on the internet,,in fact I just got a culture for doing swiss cheese but it took to long to get here and the freeze pack was all but thawed out for I dont know how many days... :( I put it in the freezer and will try it later when I get ready to make a swiss...

I just finished making some mozz a few days ago.. Milk is very expensive here I bought 2 gallons for about 29 dollars US.....

Holy crud that's expensive milk. It's possible to make cheese from powdered milk. At least the internet told me this a while ago.

For the swiss, did you get the culture that creates the "eyes"?

Yes milk is very expensive here, I have found a local farm that I may be able to get goats milk from , or I have got there phone number, hopefully it will be cheaper...

Yes I got the Proprionic Shermanii (Swiss) C6 to make the eyes,,, I didn't catch it when I ordered it but have enough now for 128 to 160 gallons!!! LOL

I heard that as well about the powdered milk but have not tried it. I am new at this as well and am trying to avoid deviating from the recipes at least till I get enough successful under my belt along with some failures to learn by before I start modding recipes :)
So till then I will just have to make do with the high price of milk,,

Yes milk is very expensive here, I have found a local farm that I may be able to get goats milk from , or I have got there phone number, hopefully it will be cheaper...

Yes I got the Proprionic Shermanii (Swiss) C6 to make the eyes,,, I didn't catch it when I ordered it but have enough now for 128 to 160 gallons!!! LOL

I heard that as well about the powdered milk but have not tried it. I am new at this as well and am trying to avoid deviating from the recipes at least till I get enough successful under my belt along with some failures to learn by before I start modding recipes :)
So till then I will just have to make do with the high price of milk,,

Yea, that's the culture. I haven't made swiss, but I want to.

Back