Blueberry Wine Jam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
So I just made some blueberry wine. Has anyone tried to take the leftover fermented fruit and make jam? My SWMBO is less than amused that I used all the blueberries to make wine and no jam.

If you added pectic enzyme, all you will have is a bunch of mush left over. Throw it away because it is pretty gross, will look like vomit. Sorry to be so blunt..........

Well googled and found a recipe on jack kellers website. It went pretty good. just waiting for it to set up.

Mixed Dry Fruit Jam
The strained fruit from the winemaking can be used in various ways. You can make a second wine, but it will not be as robust as the first. You can make small tarts using prepared crescent roll dough, or you can make jam. If you use the jam recipe below you will have some fruit left over. Try the tarts. Just lay out the individual pieces of crescent roll dough . Place a tablespoon of fruit in the center of each, sprinkle the fruit with 1 teaspoon of sugar and fold the crescent roll dough over the fruit. Crimp the edges sealed and bake at 350 degrees F. on a non-stick cookie sheet until lightly browned on top. Remove, carefully turn them over and return to oven for 4 more minutes.

4 cups mixed fruit from wine must
2 tblsp lemon juice
3 cups sugar
1 tblsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 cup water
Combine fruit, zest, lemon juice and water in stainless steel saucepan. Heat rapidly to a boil and reduce heat to just maintain the boil. Slowly stir in sugar and continue stirring until completely dissolved. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until mixture forms a gel -- about 25-30 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and ginger. Ladle onto hot jars, seal with new rings and lids and process in boiling bath for 10 minutes. "Author's own recipe"

Back