Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
The time is right for another group buy run by yours truly. For those of you involved in my previous buys, it will be at the same location as usual. For those of you unfamiliar with the location it is around Cicero/Grand avenues in Chicago (zip 60639).

The usual applies except that this time I can store more than 5 PMs. So feel free to email me your order request. When sending me your information please include the following:

Name of grain
Nomenclature/Item ID
Quantity (full sacks)

All split orders should be determined amongst yourselves then let me know the grain and who is in on the splits and corresponding amounts.

The catalog with all of the grains is the wholesale catalog. All grains except for Briess are available to us. The only extract available to us are 50 pound bags of DME. Hops are available to us but the pricing is in a different catalog, Homebrewer's Catalog, which I will try to get tomorrow. The hops pricing isn't all that great to be honest.

Once we fill up a pallet or two (or three?), the buy will be closed off and I will submit the spreadsheet for quotation. Once the quote comes back to me I will post it online for everyone to review. Then I will collect money through either cash, paypal or check/money order. I will not order anything until *everyone* has paid.

If you have any questions please let me know. typicallym these buys take about 5-6 weeks between the initial announcement to people picking up at my place. Post your questions on here so that either I or others can answer them for you. Thanks and happy brewing!

I have 2 bags of 2-row from the last group buy I wont get to if someone wants them...

The catalog was updated today so go back and re-check pricing.

Also, please do not share this link with people not participating in the buy.

Thanks,

Bill

EDIT: The spreadsheet link for this group buy.

PM sent for 4 sacks @ 55.

CONFIRMED AND ON SPREADSHEET SPLITS:

spreadsheet SO#1 4 x 1 gallon prepack of Star San (1 gallon Each.) Item SS-Star4:
Note this item subject to a Hazardous Material Shipping Surcharge.. $15 per delivery per p.4
Group 1 PM Sent 2.14
Marcusrab
Starman
SudsMcgee
Neopol

Group 2 PM Sent 2.14
PintoBean
RyanMcl
SIUCubFan
Schnibbz

Edit - Two 4 pack groups filled. If anyone else is looking for star san post here for a third 4 pack below:

Spreadsheet SO#3 :
Great Western - 2-row Crystal 40 - GW-C40 - QTY 1@50
Polboy 33%
Inverted 33%
Ryanmcl 33%
*reduced to 1/3 sack ea per request 2/17*

SPLITS STILL LOOKING FOR CONFIRMED PARTNERS

Amber SplitPinto is willing to split this bag. It is already on the spreadsheet under him as a full sack
TF-AMBR Thomas Fawcett Amber
PintoBean
Needs another

Crystal 15 ((GW) Split
Great Western Malting Company - 2 row Crystal 15 - GW-C15 - QTY 1@50
TheBreweryUnderground
Needs another

Splits PM'd, but on Pending Palette #3

Crystal 120/Dark Crystal 2(TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Dark Crystal 2 - TF-DCRY120
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Chocolate (TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Chocolate - TF-CHOC
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Brown (TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Brown - TF-BRWN
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Munich split:
Canada Malting Company - Munich - CM-MUNH - QTY 1@55, Selected lowest cost domestic, please advise if you want different
Samie85 50%
Inverted 50%

Crystal 60/Crystal 1 (TF&S)
TF&S Crystal 60 Crystal 2 - TF-CRY65 - QTY1@55
Marcusrab 50%
SpacemanSpiff 50%

Pils (CMC) Split:
Canada Malting Company - Superior Pilsen - CM-SPIL - QTY 1@55
samie85 50%
Evilive 50%

Smoked Malt(Best Malz)
Best Malz - Smoked Malt - BZ-SMOK - QTY 1@55
PseudoChef 33%
Wernerherzog 33%
chiefkellen 33%

Wheat split (TF&S):
TF&S - Wheat Malt - TF-WHET - QTY 1@55
ryanmcl 50%
SathingtonWilloby 50%
updated

Maris Otter(Bairds) Split:
Bairds - Maris Otter - BD-MOPA - QTY 1@55
samie85 50%
Adman (via PM), else Inverted, 50%

11Lb Czech Saaz pellets (1 lb Ea.):
Hop Union - Czech Saaz - HU-90GSZ - QTY1@11
PolBoy*
Starman
PintoBean x2
Neopol x2
TheBreweryUnderground*
Ryanmcl
PseudoChef
WEGZ15 x2
*=willing to go 2 if needed

Pils (Best Malz) Split
Best Malz - Pilsen - BZ-PILS - QTY1@55
Adman
Ryanmcl

Thanks!

I might take a sack of Vienna.

I have about 20# of rye if you're interested.

If anyone from Lake or Mchenry county is going i would gladly pay your gas to pick me up a few 50 sacks.

Bill, I'm on for 10 sacks min..I'm. Trying to balance my spring brew scheduling..5 sacks 2 row and 2. Wheat min... Melanoid..choc..and . 150.. I.am. South..with pickup..can co-ord a southland pickup.....ill take a gall of starsan for previous poster

PM sent
2sacks of 2row
1 pils
1 munich
1 maris otter
looking for two more ppl to split carmel 40/60
and im on czech saaz order if it happens
cheers guys and gals :)

If anyone from Lake or Mchenry county is going i would gladly pay your gas to pick me up a few 50 sacks.

I'm in Huntley, so I can pick yours up for you. Anyone else in the far NW burbs, I can help you out as well if you're willing to help pay gas and/or donate beer.

I'll take a gallon of Star San. Do I need to provide a container?

No, looking at getting the prepackaged 4 x 1 gallon bottles. Its within $0.20 each of the 5 gallon price so no reason to go thru the hassle of splitting a bucket.

I'm in Huntley, so I can pick yours up for you. Anyone else in the far NW burbs, I can help you out as well if you're willing to help pay gas and/or donate beer.

I'm right at rt53 & rt14 northwest highway, have a truck, and a flexible schedule. If you guys want to cut out some drive time I can get it out to my place at least.

Star san comes in all different sizes. In the last buy, there was an additional charge described as a "hazardous material" or something to that affect for the start san since it is corrosive. I'll check description again and post back. The point being is that there will be a delivery charge tacked on to start san orders.

I saw a line item on page 4 of Additional Freight Fees. It says Hazardous Materials Transport Fees ($15 per order) Hopefully thats it.

Divided 4 (or even 8 ways if we get a second full split of the 4x1g ), i think its still cheaper than B&G or shipping from NB/MW.

Pinto - adding you to the second group for a potential split.

Submitted my order.

Didn't have any takers last time, but if anyone is interested in a split of Smoked Malt, I'm your guy.

I'm right at rt53 & rt14 northwest highway, have a truck, and a flexible schedule. If you guys want to cut out some drive time I can get it out to my place at least.

53 and 14 is great for me. I am going to put in my order and we can figure out the logistics.

I saw a line item on page 4 of Additional Freight Fees. It says Hazardous Materials Transport Fees ($15 per order) Hopefully thats it.

Divided 4 (or even 8 ways if we get a second full split of the 4x1g ), i think its still cheaper than B&G or shipping from NB/MW.

Pinto - adding you to the second group for a potential split.

I'm in for 1gal star san.

Bill, I'm on for 10 sacks min..I'm. Trying to balance my spring brew scheduling..5 sacks 2 row and 2. Wheat min... Melanoid..choc..and . 150.. I.am. South..with pickup..can co-ord a southland pickup.....ill take a gall of starsan for previous poster

can you please send me a PM with your requirements so I have it archived? Thanks.

PM sent.

2 maris otter
1 pale
1 gal star san.

Anyone looking to get some wheat?

Please do me a huge favor. With any splits of grain, cleaning chemicals and hops (assuming we can get them at a competitive price) I ask that you figure out the splits amongst yourselves then PM the final tally and who the split(s) participants are. Thank you.

Sorry, i jumped the gun on ordering a gal of star san. looks like we will need two more people to fill the second group.

Bill, I don't mind coordinating and updating a pending split list. Once a bag/item is spoken for, i can send a PM to the players and you if that helps.

Whatever makes it easier for you.

starman said:
Bill, I don't mind coordinating and updating a pending split list. Once a bag/item is spoken for, i can send a PM to the players and you if that helps.

Whatever makes it easier for you.

That's fine. Thanks

we're at 41 bags already. looks like we might be able to get a second pallet since the first one has almost filled up in less than 24 hours.

Looks like there is still one opening on the second star san split, if that's the case, I'll take a gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back