Drinking my first homebrewed Draft!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brehm21

Reaction score
Wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!

I got home from work today and realized my kegged Chocolate Milk Stout was one day past the 3 week mark. Somehow I managed to make it to the 3 week mark without sampling (I've been drinking my last two bottled batches). So I took the keg out to my workshop fridge and turned it on and hooked everything up. Simple as can be and I have a beautiful glass of (warm) beer that tastes great! I can't wait 'til it cools off a little more.

I set my reg at 8psi and my temp is headed for 42°. Does that sound right for a stout?

Hope I'm sober enough to make it to work tomorrow. Well......it's a short day tomorrow, so........:mug:

I'm jealous. No room in my apartment for a keg setup. And to make matters worse, none of my bottled beer is cold at the moment! Drank the last cold one earlier and realized "oh **** I should have stocked the fridge sooner". *sigh*

Sounds pretty good. I might be a little low on the psi, but you won't really know for sure until you give her a shot.

Rick91981 said:
I'm jealous. No room in my apartment for a keg setup. And to make matters worse, none of my bottled beer is cold at the moment! Drank the last cold one earlier and realized "oh **** I should have stocked the fridge sooner". *sigh*

You sir, need one of these:

2186-PentaxDumpAug292006-Keggerator006Small.jpg

Don't take up much room at all.

Flyin' Lion said:
You guys post in this thread yet? Show_your_keg

Kegging does rock, I'm sure I get more enjoyment out of kegging than I would when I eventually go all grain.

S'not much of a kegerator right now; it's a plain fridge with two kegs, a 10lb CO2 tank, and a couple picnic taps.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
You sir, need one of these:

{picture}

Don't take up much room at all.

I'd be perfectly fine w/ that however, SWMBO wont allow it. The only area im allowed for my brewing stuff is a small closet. What doesn't fit in there I am not allowed to have until we get a bigger place.

brehm21 said:
I set my reg at 8psi and my temp is headed for 42°. Does that sound right for a stout?

8 psi @ 42 deg is 2 vol of co2 - perfect for a stout. That's what mine's set at. Congrats.

Back