best beers of NHC 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now I'm really mad I didn't go to the smoked beer and mead lectures :(

Yeah, Ken Schramm served some interesting meads at his presentation. I really came away from NHC inspired. I just kicked a keg of bitter and my Janet's Brown keg is almost gone. Normally I'd be upset, but now I'm excited because it means I get to brew again!!!! I have to keg a porter next weekend and I think I might set up another brew day soon thereafter.

The beers there were awesome. Stopped at the port brewing bottle shop in Carlsbad. Picked up some beers that are not distributed in AZ. I loved going to Lost Abbey. I picked up a couple bottles of Older Viscosity.

Tomme Arthur's wood aging talk was great. The beers he had there were even better. Bourbon Barrel Angle's Share, Older Viscosity, and one more...

My club was distributing a red pepper, cinnamon mead that was the clear most requested at club night. It was the never ending keg and I think some of it came back home. We brought a lot of beer but didn't tap most of it. We should have done a hospitality suite... oh well, next time.

WAHA had a couple of sours that kept me coming back over & over again. Mark Emiley's lambic was absolutely fantastic.

Back