An Awesome Day Thanks TO HEB!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhonda00

Reaction score
I'm going to get right to it! I went to HEB (grocery store) and they sell a build your own six pack!! Let me tell you, they almost have every beer you can think of. We made a byo pack which consisted of SN porter, pale ale, newcastle, etc... Then we had a taster session. every now and then I would throw a shot of homebrew in the mix, which got awesome reviews (always feels good.) Bottom line, I'm buzzin and you need to go to HEB so you can be too!

HEB is a south thing, but Central Market (really nice grocery store) does have an amazing beer selection. Certain ones let you make your own six pack. I lived near the one in Fort Worth during college and if we had nothing to do we'd go get six beers we've never tried just to see what random stuff they would have. Unfortunately the one in Houston doesn't allow it. Although, I've still done it on occasion and just make sure I check out with a high school kid who doesn't no too much about beer. I feel dirty but the beer makes it worth it.

How much is the 6er? I saw it the other day but didn't get it and couldn't see a price. My HEB only has a small selection of "good" beer. :(

Although, I've still done it on occasion and just make sure I check out with a high school kid who doesn't no too much about beer. I feel dirty but the beer makes it worth it.
Long live self check out line. :D

How much is the 6er? I saw it the other day but didn't get it and couldn't see a price. My HEB only has a small selection of "good" beer. :(

Most build your own 6ers charge by the bottle, So the price would vary depending on what you put in it. 6er is not a specific beer, it refers to 6 pack.

Like said above, youu're charged per bottle. I think it wa about $1.50 per bottle. Well worth it imjo.

Yeah, I was telling my gf that the other day. The 'B' stands for Butt. I quite enjoy that too. HEB has become the best grocery store in my opinion.

Back