Yeah, Yeah, You Know, Just an Inconspicuous Little Fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Hey, look at that. A nice little teevee and media hutch. Nothin' to see here.

bsmt.jpg

Hm, but what's past that door? A dirty mud mat?

bsmtdr.jpg

Oh, hai, teh fridge...

fridgeclosed.jpg

Wait, what?

fridgeopen.jpg

Is that a Miller Lite!?

Got that fridge for $200 yesterday, like new, only a year old, used only for insulin storage. Goes for $500 off the shelf. I think I can get 4 kegs on that bottom shelf---or two plus a carboy for lager fermentation. This is a very nice addition to the "real" kegerator in the other room---I can force-carb stuff (as you see there, I'm force-carbing a stout and witbier right now) or just keep a few extras on tap in there if I want with my pic-a-nic taps. Plus I can keep a sh*tload of bottles in there too.

I'm satisfied now.

That thing fit into that space like a glove, too, just by accident. Slid under that stair tread with less than 1/4" to spare---and if hadn't fit under that tread, it would have stuck out too far.

Now I just gotta get rid of my old lagerator chest freezer. I guess craigslist...

EdWort said:
+1, yeah, Wiener! :D

Very nice indeed!

I see a PBR though.....

Yah, there's 2 or 3 PBR's and one Miller Lite (the Miller is the far can) there on the door. They're leftovers from tubing down the James River last July. I keep them on hand for the rare chump who would rather drink A.L.L. than my homebrew (my wife's sister's husband, for instance). :p

If I may point out the obvious, you should be squeezing more kegs into that puppy. If you ditch that second shelf, you can put the tank on top of the cornies :rockin:

Now, I'm wondering if you moved the TV a few inches to the right... could you put some taps on the wall? ;)

Looks excellent! All you need to do it get a urinal plumbed into that back room, and you'll never have to leave.. :D

Soulive said:
If I may point out the obvious, you should be squeezing more kegs into that puppy. If you ditch that second shelf, you can put the tank on top of the cornies :rockin:

Which I will be doing later this week, I believe. I have one more keg, which will receive my Hop Whore IPA once it's finished dryhopping.

the_bird said:
Now, I'm wondering if you moved the TV a few inches to the right... could you put some taps on the wall? ;)

Looks excellent! All you need to do it get a urinal plumbed into that back room, and you'll never have to leave.. :D

Man, those are two great ideas! Coincidentally, we just demo'd the bathroom that would see the door to if you were standing where I took the first picture from and turned 90 degrees to the left. I could easily plumb in a urinal on the opposite side of the wall from the bathroom. Wow! The wife will just love this idea :D

And then a few shanks popping out of the wall under the TV. Yes. :rockin:

Evan! said:
Man, those are two great ideas! Coincidentally, we just demo'd the bathroom that would see the door to if you were standing where I took the first picture from and turned 90 degrees to the left. I could easily plumb in a urinal on the opposite side of the wall from the bathroom. Wow! The wife will just love this idea :D

I actually HAVE approval to put a urinal in the basement. There is a spot plumbed in for what was years ago (before we bought the place) going to be a full bath. The shower area was converted by the former owner into a coal bit, but the spot for the toilet is just siting there plugged. The have some nice old fashioned floor mounted urinals in the building next to mine that is about to be remodeled and if I can score one of these urinals. I have the OK to install one. These look like somone took a standard toilet and then stretched it up and made it more narrow. They plumb in just like a toilet. These actually would be easy for a woman to use too :eek:

Also, looks like it's time to buy some more kegs!

mrkristofo said:
methinks you should switch that door to the other side.

And run keg lines every which way :D

Unfortunately, you cannot flip the door swing on this model. A small price to pay.

HarvInSTL said:
Your fridge looks pretty close to this one!

http://www.koolkeg.com/pages/Homebrew Models/other_homebrew_pictures.htm

DSC00001.jpg
DSC00028.jpg

And it looks to be based off of this local freezer less fridge.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=180051-2251-FRU17B2JW&lpage=none

10 taps of goodness! While the kegs in the picture may look smaller than 5gallon, I have been reassured they are inded 5gallon cornys.

That's sick!

First off, I'm not cutting up or drilling this fridge. Second, I don't know what kind of 5 gallon cornies those are, but I can assure you that you can't stack 2 standard-size cornies one on top of the other in this fridge. The ones in that pic look like they're 4" or so shorter than standard cornies. However, I have seen pics of people fitting 6 standard cornies in that fridge. You just build a little shelf where the bumpout is for the compressor, sit 3 on that, and then 3 more on the bottom. I figure I'll have 4 max in there, plus the two in my sanyo kegerator, that'll be allllll-right. :p

blacklab said:
Looks like you are weathering the hop shortage nicely...

I bought in bulk when hopsdirect was selling 'em for $11/lb. Should have bought more. Ordered 3 lbs, they sent about 5. Tons of Galena, Willamette and Cascade. I just foodsave 'em and they stay fresh. I'll tell you, though, the very next week after I ordered those hops, prices doubled...and then doubled again...and again...:(

It looks like those 10 kegs are pin lock kegs. They are a bit shorter and fatter than ball lock.

If you can't get two more cornies in there nestled between the 3, taking those lower rails off the shelves on the door will give you another 2" of clearance. I'd probably Cut out he shelving if it were mine, then you could get 3 more kegs in on the bottom.

Bobby_M said:
If you can't get two more cornies in there nestled between the 3, taking those lower rails off the shelves on the door will give you another 2" of clearance. I'd probably Cut out he shelving if it were mine, then you could get 3 more kegs in on the bottom.

If I were running a bar, sure. As it stands, having 2 in the kegerator and four in this fridge is PLENTY. I was a bit constrained with 2, but 6, I'm fine with. I know, famous last words, and 2 months from now you'll see a post where I've cut out the door shelves and slammed 6 shanks in the front of it...but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 6 kegs. 6. That's enough.
:drunk:

Evan! said:
Yah, there's 2 or 3 PBR's and one Miller Lite (the Miller is the far can) there on the door. They're leftovers from tubing down the James River last July. I keep them on hand for the rare chump who would rather drink A.L.L. than my homebrew (my wife's sister's husband, for instance). :p

Those PBR's are hardcore. Even people who like bad beer don't like PBR :rolleyes:

I have to tell you for 200 bucks that is one heck of a deal and the use of your new piece of equipment is even better. BEER STORAGE!!!:ban::ban: Looks like it fits like a glove under those stairs. Enjoy the new addition.

Best Regards
Bill the new guy

do you just pour from a party tap, do you think you will ever get some tap handles in the front?

hopsalot said:
do you just pour from a party tap, do you think you will ever get some tap handles in the front?

I just use picnic taps. I doubt I'll drill this fridge. I already have this guy in the finished basement on the other side of the wall.

Back