Yet Another Portable Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaltnHops

Reaction score
I know that others have made them like this, and I admit that I used some ideas, but I wanted to show mine off too. :rockin:
IMG_0352.jpg
[/IMG]

I cut the top out with a jigsaw and then cleaned it up with a dremel. The lid was hollow so I used spray foam to insulate.
IMG_0351.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally I spray painted some hose clamps white to match the lid, drilled holes in the rear of the cooler, and mounted the clamps with stainless steel bolts/nuts and used o rings to maintain the seal. Then I clamped a 9 oz. paintball tank and regulator on the back and hooked it all up. Good to go.

IMG_0353.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks to everyone here that I stole ideas from and I hope that this helps others create something as awesome. This is my new best friend on camping trips! :drunk:

Spray Foam. Absolute genius. :p

I have the same cooler and it's just shy of closing with a 3 gallon keg inside. Looks like I'll cut out the lid and tailor it to fit! Thanks for the idea! :mug:

How do these things not foam like a mo' fo'...?

I guess I have to build one to find out...

Also, how do you connect the faucet to the disconnect?

Yes. I am dumb sometimes. Enlighten me...

Back