50-60 Amp NEMA receptacle source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrazza

Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time finding a flanged style 50-60 Amp NEMA receptacle that is 3 Pole, 4 Wire... It can be male or female. I'm finding a Leviton style that is non-nema. Does that mean it's not waterproof, or when the plug is in it that the assembled plug and receptacle is not waterproof?

If anyone knows of a source, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Do a search for California 50A locking. That style can be found in a 3p4w configuration. I don't think they will be waterproof unless you get the special plugs that have seals.

Check out this catalog for ideas, other manufacturers make similar products.

NEMA is the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. They're a trade organization that sets standards for just about everything electrical. Most people see them for ratings of plugs, receptacles, or enclosures. A type 3R enclosure is a weather resistant enclosure. They have both water and weather resistant plugs and receptacles.

I can only speak about 50A accessories as that is what I researched. There seem to be at least two competing standards. There is the California Standard style and the NEMA ss2-50 standard. I went with the NEMA standard since the Marinco inlets had a screw down collar for a good price. The connector waterproof cover is ~$20 more but I can buy it later if I feel it is merited.

Back