Age of Homebrewers & Years of Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats Your Age?

• 21-24

• 25-29

• 30-39

• 40-55

• 55 or older

Results are only viewable after voting.

jimbus

Reaction score
Just curious about the age demographic of HBT members. Also share how long you've been brewing!

I am 28 and have been brewing (on and off) for about 4 years. Have been doing it steadily for about 2 years.

LOL. Necessity is the mother of invention, right?
ha, certainly was. It was hard enough to get BMC underage. Even harder to get good craft beer, esp when you can't go in and browse around. We started homebrewing to drink good beer. I was smart and didn't join HBT until I was 21 though.

Living = 4 score and 8, brewing/helping brew = 4 score and 3ish. Don't know when brewing took over helping, prolly around 1980ish. From a long line of homebrewers/distillers and etc. Numerous brief hiatus' in between there.

Keep on brewing my friends:mug:

64 and I've been brewing for either a year and a half or for 42 years depending on whether you count the one batch of brew I did with my college roommates back in '68. God, that was bad! We had no idea what we were doing - used some malt extract made for cooking (remember that homebrewing was illegal in those days) and probably used baking yeast - open fermentation in a plastic trash can (covered with cloth) - fermentation was surely at way too high a temp (this was in Houston) - bottled in quart bottles of Lone Star Draft with screw-off caps. About a half-in of yeast in the bottom of each bottle after it was done - but it did have a kick! :drunk:
Anyway, I never bothered to try again until some friends gave me a starter kit for Christmas of '08. Did one extract and several mini-mashes - now putting together the equipment for all-grain and should be ready to start that next month. :ban:

47 years old & brewing for 23 years (with a 10 year hiatus in there when the kids were young.

44 and 10 :D My first batch was a pale ale out of a can. I didn't like it. My second batch was a pale ale made from extract with grains. I loved it, and I love brewing ever since.

29 years old and I've been brewing for about 3 years, off and on. My first 10 or so batches were partial mashes and came out really well, then I discovered HBT........After reading countless topics and gathering info I jumped into all grain. Haven't looked back since.

35 here, and been brewing since I was 14... so 21 years off and on. It is such a part of my life I don't even get excited about it... I stay excited about it! I would die if I couldn't brew beer. Bread is also something I better not have to do without :)

28, been brewing since I was 20, have been "hardcore" and all-grain for 5 years.

22 and brewing for about a year, unless you count my little foray into brewing at 19 with Mr. Beer that ended rather poorly.

Latest posts

Back