Brewery Control Panel Which one would you buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
So this morning I came to terms I am not smart enough to build a brewery control panel. So My next step is to find a control panel to buy.
Which one would you buy and where?

I am using propane.

What exactly do you think your hang-up is with the wiring process?

It's really easier than you think and probably looks more complicated that it acutally is. Explain to me what you want to wire up and I can probably offer some user-friendly advice.

yep people here would be more than willing to give you a schematic, you just connect wires. Can you twist a screw driver and follow lines on a sheet of paper?

That the thing I really dont know.
I have 55 gallon kettle feed with propane.

That the thing I really dont know.
I have 55 gallon kettle feed with propane.

What do you use to mash grains. Most of the automated control systems are primarily concerned with mash/sparge temp. For just the boil kettle all you really do is turn on the heat and once you get a good boil going back off on the heat to the point that you maintain a good rolling boil. I'm not aware of any control system that knows the difference between a hard boil and a rolling boil.

Yeah for right now I am doing extract brewing to reduce the cost of 2 more 55 gallon drums. But when I have my 3 fermenters built I am going to convert to an all grain.

Yeah for right now I am doing extract brewing to reduce the cost of 2 more 55 gallon drums. But when I have my 3 fermenters built I am going to convert to an all grain.

A 55 gallon kettle will make a lot of beer, what size batches are you making now??

You'll need to provide some additional information as to exactly what you are looking for. Are you looking for automation with the control panel? Do you just want to be able to manually turn on the burners via a switch? Are there pumps involved? etc, etc.

Not to say it can't be done of course, but planning everything out is the biggest task. I think you will have a hard time purchasing something commercially for that volume, if you do it's going to be several thousand dollars I suspect.

Yeah! I am having a lot of fun with it. I cant wait to actually make beer again but it is fun getting everything set up.
I just had a big set back because my fermenter is to high so i had to lose some capicity.

I would suggest that in the future only use one thread for projects ! that way all of your information is in one area !

-Jason

Back