Side-by-Side to Fermentation Chamber Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of doing something like this with my fridge; however, mine is freezer on top. Do you know if there's any coolant lines between the freezer and the fridge? I hope not.

I was thinking of doing something like this with my fridge; however, mine is freezer on top. Do you know if there's any coolant lines between the freezer and the fridge? I hope not.

There shouldn't be. On some models you can take the doors off, pop the center strip and slide out the divider. May be some wires to contend with, especially in the center strip (mullion heater).

You need to find the assembly drawings of the fridge. This will show you where the coolant lines and electrical circuit is physically run. I was able to find mine with some Google-foo. Without knowing how the fridge is put together, I would not start cutting it up.

I have a whirlpool side by side (circa 1986) and for the life of me cannot find a wiring diagram. :mad: The closest I've come is a parts catalog, but it doesn't show how it's wired. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

If you a have a GE or Hotpoint you can call 800-626-2000 ext #3. They will email you a electrical diagram.

My question is my diagram doesn't show a ground on the power. I'm guessing that it is grounded to frame outside of fridge. Should I run a ground from frame to the termial block or is there an another location to ground to.

Green will be the ground plane. I would not trust that the frame is grounded.

I have not got no solid green wires any where. I have green with a stripe going to ground clips attached to metals surfaces from several devices in the fridge. this is why I think the ground is located outside.

Back