Cheapest Place to buy 22oz bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what I did, find a local place that serves Fat Tire/Blue Moon/Goose Island bombers and ask them to save their empties for you in exchange for some homebrew. I did this with a place just up the road from me and ended up with ten cases of empty Fat Tire bombers in just under 4 months.

I finally had to cry "Uncle" ... :)

I think you'd be surprised how willing people are to do this kind of thing... re-using bottles is part of the essence of the homebrewing spirit, I don't care what Jamil says.

Do what I did, find a local place that serves Fat Tire/Blue Moon/Goose Island bombers and ask them to save their empties for you in exchange for some homebrew. I did this with a place just up the road from me and ended up with ten cases of empty Fat Tire bombers in just under 4 months.

I finally had to cry "Uncle" ... :)

I think you'd be surprised how willing people are to do this kind of thing... re-using bottles is part of the essence of the homebrewing spirit, I don't care what Jamil says.

Good call - Essentially the same thing I did. Craft beer bar, mostly german stuff. Unlimited supply of half-liter bottles.

Find a recycling bin that has one specifically for colored glass. You will have more than you could ever use. Make certain to go right after a holiday where party drinking is a norm (ie New Year's, Halloween, etc).

any bar carrying a bunch of craft beer (especially Rogue, they have limited 12 oz. packaging) should be able to sit some aside for you.

any bar carrying a bunch of craft beer (especially Rogue, they have limited 12 oz. packaging) should be able to sit some aside for you.

Have you ever tried taking that @#$%@#$% paint off, though? :)

I've got to suggest the Budweiser American Ale stuff.. it's drinkable and 99cents near my house.. the empty bottles are the same price at the LHBS .. the labels come off really easily (cheap glue) and theres no imprints on the bottles..

There's even a map of where to find them on the Budweiser site (too lazy to look!!)

We've got 22oz amber bombers, $10.00/case. If your in Southern California, you can pick them up free. Or shipping is at cost, your preference.

Find a recycling bin that has one specifically for colored glass...
Be careful doing this. In many jurisdictions items being recycled are considered property of the city and not 'abandoned' as with garbage. I doubt homeowners will complain but it could get you a stern talking to by a bored cop.

Back