Back to the brew pub...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was back at the brew pub where I had recently bought 55# of 2-row for $16. Today the brewmaster told me he couldn't do that any more because it might get him in trouble with the feds because it looks like he's upping the ABV by using more grain in his beer. He felt bad though, and gave me a bag of Bairds Vienna malt because they don't use it in anything they brew now. He also said he might give me a job at the end of the summer doing grunt work or something. I told him I'd work for grain, since I only work 6 months a year anyways.

:fro:

Be prepared for some nasty, wet, heavy lifting, hot, BS.

I help out at St. George's and it ain't a fun job. Bottling day is a breeze compared to the other days.

No amount of free grain (or even beer) could make that job glamorous!

Chairman Cheyco said:
Yeah, but do you enjoy it?

Honestly, no.

I enjoy bottling days a little bit but I am guilted into showing up to help out on the other days. That brewery is struggling but I want it to succeed, so I volunteer.

Interesting... This brew pub makes, in my opinion, mediocre beer. Better than megaswill, but far from the best beer around. I think I'm still infused (confused?) with the vigor of the un-initiated, and would be willing to commit to a bunch of stupid stuff if it meant I got to be associated with an actual brewery. You have given me good food for thought. Not enough to turn down a job offer, but something to think about.

:rockin:

(You always get that smilie)

i work in a brewery, just graduated from college and started fulltime after a few months of part-time, and yeah, its hard work, and it kinda sucks, but the experience is great, and i'm dealing with beer all the time which is cool. people that have this as a hobby and don't hjave professional intentions of becoming a brewer, owning a brewery/pub, etc. should keep it as a hobby cause its more fun when you do'nt get paid for it and are making and bottling beer for yourself. and where i work, bottling days suck, we do 100 bottles a minute and its hard to keep up for three-four hours.

Back