It's Saturday Brewday - Watchya Makin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No brewing. Kegged a Belgium ipa and secondaried an American pale ale. Monday is brew day. Amber ale that will be the house beer.

Here's the starter for Christmas eve brew

image-331442615.jpg

Put my pale ale in the secondary, did some bottle cleaning, moved a few bottles from a previous batch to the fridge, prepped gear for my next batch which won't probably happen until after Christmas. Ill be ok until then, I still have fourteen gallons of various brews conditioning. Beyond that just doing some recipe research for the weeks ahead.

Picked up a 7.8 gallon fermentation bucket today from the LHBS and have a 5 gallon batch of cider going.

Well just started my boil so ill finish on saturday techinically.
English pale/special bitter
5 mo
11oz victory
8oz crystal 60
Uk kent goldings bitter
Willamette aroma
London ale 3

Tomorrow I'm brewing a Winter Wheat beer - figure I only have a couple more brew weekends before I can't brew "winter" things anymore.

This is also the second to last one gallon batch I make before I upgrade to 2.5 gallons (for the most part).

Gotta check the SG on my pm pale ale 3 weeks in primary today. Still gotta scrub the BK & strainer for the 2nd time & clean a few bottles.

Not brewing today as planed. Shipment got here late yesterday and got my yeast starter going last night for a Belgian Dubbel that I will brew up on Monday.

I'm going to brew something I don't have a recipe written for yet and probably won't be drinking for at least a year and a half. :D

10 litres.
2lb munic
2lb vienna
2lb pale 2
250gr crystal wheat
250gr raw wheat
1oz zythos@15,10,5
Brett b trois

I'll be brewing a Belgian Tripel today. Had my starter going since yesterday afternoon.

i don't get to brew this weekend... i'm very bummed... won't be able to brew for another 2 weeks...

boy it sux when making a living gets in the way.

btw... Happy New Year, gang

Gunna be Sunday but I gots me a clone of Red Bricks "HopLanta".

On a related note we don't say "Hotlanta" anymore. It's gone and it took our World Series hopes and hockey team with it....

I've actually put myself on hold for a couple of weeks. I started brewing back in August and essentially, went gangbusters, brewing almost every weekend for the next 4 months. I've actually got a decent pipeline built up, and since I'm working most days during the holidays, I decided to go ahead and spend the weekend time with the family.

I may put something together for next weekend, especially since the Amber I just put on tap, I can tell, is going to go pretty quickly. So I may go ahead and brew that recipe again next weekend.

Cheers all, and happy holidays!

Clonefan94 said:
I've actually put myself on hold for a couple of weeks. I started brewing back in August and essentially, went gangbusters, brewing almost every weekend for the next 4 months. I've actually got a decent pipeline built up, and since I'm working most days during the holidays, I decided to go ahead and spend the weekend time with the family.

I may put something together for next weekend, especially since the Amber I just put on tap, I can tell, is going to go pretty quickly. So I may go ahead and brew that recipe again next weekend.

Cheers all, and happy holidays!

Once you get the pipeline stocked you don't start spending time with your family. You buy more fermenters and start brewing sours!

Just took a gravity sample at 3 weeks today of my 2nd pm pale ale. A lil lighter than it was a week or two ago,looks like 1.013 against a 1.043OG so far. Letting it degass a little first.

From Grain to Glass American Amber Ale kit. Instructions look very good in this kit from what I have read on the forum.

Just started a big BDSA.. OG predicted to be 1.098. This one is going to take some time to finish and age. Should be great for next fall.

Bottled a wheat ale from a NB kit that I added kiwi to this morning.
Transferred a dead ringer ipa to secondary with dry hops.
ran 7 miles in a brisk 30 degrees.
Currently brewing an ESB right now. Very excited about this one, it's my fourth batch and the first one where it's not from a kit. Took palmer's recipe out of "how to brew" and tweaked it just a tiny bit in beersmith, and then went and bought each individual item.

Looking to make the jump to all grain for the next brew, so then next week or so will be spent getting a burner, larger stock pot, converting a cooler to a mash tun, and making an immersion chiller. If you asked the pre-wife she'd say I was definitely hooked :D

Citra pale ale odd sides clone.. 40 min into the hop schedule

wouldn't mind sharing that recipe would you? Odd Sides is about an hour away from me and I wouldn't mind having a 1 min commute to great ipa vs an hour.

I finally got around to making my samichlause AHS clone today. I really wanted to brew it on December 6th (per tradition) but it just wasn't meant to be. My OG was 1.140. My highest OG yet. This would put me up over 15% ABV if my calculations are correct. Either way, it was a great brew day!!

Brew day postponed again. SWMBO got bit by flu bug pretty hard. :( and she comes first.
I did just try my scotch ale and at only 12 days in the bottle it is already the best beer I have brewed :ban: Can't wait till its properly carbed and conditioned. :D
(wish I had put a 2nd bottle in the fridge though)

Northern Brewer's Dead Ringer extract kit. My first yeast starter, and it looks good! Thanks HBT beer fiends for the guidance!!
:mug:

Making a cream ale, trying to clone the Brewer's Best Cream Ale Kit. 2-row, pilsen, carapils, and dextrose.

also probably gonna bottle my two-hearted clone, and possibly, depending on the gravity, my first cider.

Once I get out of work at 8am and get home the strike water will get heated. Starters crashing in the fridge since yesterday for a citra cascade pale ale I'm going to give a try. Hope I don't fall asleep during the mash or boil.

Good brewing and wish me luck. I still need it this will only be my 6th batch. (5th all grain)

No brewing today. Got a little behind in my ordering. Forgot to order the next batch so I can brew and bottle same day like normal. Brown partial mash on the way from Midwest.

Planning to brew a double bastard clone using my newly acquired barley crusher. I have high hopes of raising my mash efficiency to a respectable level!

Back