I had to, it's for the homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogzbone

Reaction score
Fill in the blank.

"But honey, I had to get this _______________. It's for the homebrew!"

large storage box out of the garage, empty out your stuff, and fill it with water to keep the carboys cool

Brew pot (x3)
Bucket (x8)
Cooler (x2)
Propane burner, extra propane tanks
Immersion Chiller
Plate Chiller
Pump (x3)
Keg (x12)
Kegerator
CO2 tank
3-Tap Tower
Secondary Regulators (x3)
Perlick Faucets (x3)
Temperature Controller
Various tubing, plumbing fittings, electrical devices and hardware
Portable scaffold
About a gazillion bottles, and boxes to put them in
Stuff I found on the side of the road
Trip to NHC
Permanent spot in the kitchen where there's always a cooler with beer fermenting in it.
Semi-permanent spot in the kitchen where there's MORE beer fermenting.

To be honest, looking at that list I am surprised I'm still married.

500 bucks plus on a kegerator, all grain set up costing a crap load... Bunch more. I'm a newly we'd though so that helps.

Monday my Blichman 20g kettle is arriving via fedex.

I have no more means of attempting justification ofter two chest freezers, temp controllers, bags of grains, boxes of hops, a dozen cornies.... I'm just gonna have to take this one like a man and sleep at work.

$200 + worth of beer in the last 2 weeks for "research"

This just made me think of how much more beer I have bought since I started brewing to establish a pallet. I guess thats why pro brewers are so will to help out home brewers.

Yet another 10gal cooler for our 1 bedroom apartment...

You'll impress me when you say "1 bedroom apartment WITH a baby". God I remember those days. 2 fermenters, 1 closet, lots of arguments. Glad I got a house. Whenever I think this place is small, I think of THAT place.

Dude, get snipped!

ubermarkamark said:
Ha! I think you are married to a saint, like me. We are both lucky.

+1 :) ill drop everything and drive down an hour to the LHBS, spend $500 and when I get back ill say something like "sorry I was gone all afternoon honey, thanks for cleaning the house" and then she'll say something like" its fine sweetie, I know its what you like to do". Life is good. :)

26 cubic foot freezer from craigslist, 6 tap glycol chilled perlick tower, 6 perlick taps, full sized craigslist refrigerator, 30 cases of bottles, 13 kegs, Co2 tank, 6 way air distributor, schmidling grain mill, Phil Mill, 100 feet of beer line, pond pump, Carboys, Buckets, Cider Press Basket, lumber, 15.5 gallon keg, 5 gallon stainless steel pot, 10 gallon cooler, false bottom.....the list goes on and on.

I buy beer stuff, she knits.

Back