Need Help Wiring SSR / Heating Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SporkD2

Reaction score
Need some help,

Have a buddy that knows electricity but since were doing some things that hes not an expert on he wants the exact wiring diagram. Here is what I have so far, just need someone to fill in the lines for me. I'm using 2 2500w elements and a 5500w element for my BK. I was instructed not to use the neutral in the plugs so they are not in use.

bcs.jpg

I'm not that worried about manual switches because this is the only thing coming out of my subpanel so I have the plugs + the ability to just flip off the main breaker when not in use.

Thanks in advance!

This should be moved to the new Electric Brewing SubForum.

Ask that it get moved in the thread that is there asking for other moves.

Hey Spork, I'm right down the road from you and doing a very similiar build. Let me know what you figure out.

You plug one hot leg into the SSR and the other goes to the element. You then connect the element to the SSR. The SSR is just a switch and you are breaking one side of the line with it. Think of it this way. To make the element work you need to connect both sides to the element. However, you want to control the element so you cut one wire and install a swich/SSR.

Hey Spork, I'm right down the road from you and doing a very similiar build. Let me know what you figure out.

I figured it out and Saccharomyces is coming over tomorrow night to finish it up. Its actually pretty simple as long as someone explains it to you.

Latest posts

Back