Monster Mill MM2 or MM2-2.0?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mplutodh1

Reaction score
Does the extra 1/2" on the MM2-2.0 really result in a better crush in anyway?

I'm leaning more towards just the standard MM2 (not upgrading to a 1/2" shaft or SS). But after searching didn't see much discussion on the differences between these models.

Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions in regards to which Monster Mill to pick up?

Thanks!

A significantly better crush can be had by malt conditioning that would negate much difference between the 2 versions of the mill you're looking at:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Malt_Conditioning

I've read up on conditioning a few times now. With such a small amount of water used in conditioning malt - is it smart to go with stainless rollers? Or is that $30 upgrade not worth it? In the Wiki it mentions it doesn't matter so figuring that's the case.

I went with the MM2 because it's a a bit smaller. I did go with stainless because I do condition my grain. Is it worth it? Dunno. I had the extra $ in my paypal account so I went for it.

B

I went ahead and ordered the MM2 and the hopper. Figured I'll probably not worry with conditioning and the 2" is probably no huge benefit. MM2 works just fine! Now we can finally purchase bulk grains!

Back