10 Gal cornys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
Keg connection has some 10 gal Cornys. I was wondering if they would fit in the Sanyo fridge? They are 26" tall by 13" wide.

Not saying Im gonna buy one at 449$

im seeing 10 gallon cornies pop up all over the place lately. I dont know how anyone can justify a price tag like we're seeing though.

Yeah, I don't understand the utility of a 10-gallon keg versus using a pair of 5-gallons, unless you want to use it as a fermenter (in which case I'd just buy a conical).

Yeah, I don't understand the utility of a 10-gallon keg versus using a pair of 5-gallons, unless you want to use it as a fermenter (in which case I'd just buy a conical).

10 gallon batch into a 10 gallon conical into a 10 gallon corny.

life would be good.....well at least simpler

Well, yeah... but that's a LOT of money to spend so that you don't have to sanitize a second cornie. Could I see spending $100 on a 10-gallon cornie? Sure. $150? Maybe.

$450? Not a chance in hell!

But, some people have more money to burn than I.... :(

We interrupt this debate on the merits of the 10g corny to answer the OPs question:

I have a Sanyo BC-1206, which is basically a pre-converted 4912. A 26" tall keg won't fit under the compressor hump. The space in front of the hump is roughly 21W x 13D.

So one 10g keg might fit; no way you'd get two in there.

Carry on...

Well, yeah... but that's a LOT of money to spend so that you don't have to sanitize a second cornie. Could I see spending $100 on a 10-gallon cornie? Sure. $150? Maybe.

$450? Not a chance in hell!

But, some people have more money to burn than I.... :(

I meant it would be nice if the price were right

Yeah, for that kind of dough, you can get a new conical. 10 gallon cornies do not excite me as the weight makes them unwieldy. I can schlep two 5 gallon cornies much farther and lift them into a chest freezer without busting a gut. A 10 gallon corny would be pushing 100 lbs. full.

No value to me when I can get 5 gallons cornies for $18 each

Back