Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1519782556.jpg

I guess fedex does deliver on Saturdays.

Finally! I hope everything is in one piece. There's only one of my homebrews in there, its an American stout. I bottled it out of the keg, and I hadn't tried a bottle until after I shipped. I found the carb level to be low, I hope the one I sent you isn't.

Let me know if the growler held its carb too, I'm rather curious.

I really hope you enjoy your assortment!

Cheers!

wickman6 said:
Finally! I hope everything is in one piece. There's only one of my homebrews in there, its an American stout. I bottled it out of the keg, and I hadn't tried a bottle until after I shipped. I found the carb level to be low, I hope the one I sent you isn't. Let me know if the growler held its carb too, I'm rather curious. I really hope you enjoy your assortment! Cheers!

image-2580591363.jpg

Wow!! What an awesome selection of beers. Can't wait to start drinking the growler. The sobek and set black ipa looks interesting along with the revolution repo man. Then again all these brews should be amazing. I will keep let you know how the stout carved up and the how the growler held soon.

Attachments

• image-3911050063.jpg
    image-3911050063.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image-2792753634.jpg
    image-2792753634.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 139
Val, the growler contains a beer which was only brewed once and will not be brewed again. It's called Replicale. The members of the Illinois brewers guild every year each brew a beer with the same ingredients, fitting within the same parameters but each brewery uses a different hop. The offering from Tighthead this year uses centennial hops. Here's a link to more info on the project http://www.illinoisbeer.com/replicaleproject/

I hope it stayed carbonated for you, I gave it a few extra wraps of electrical tape to hopefully add a little insurance.

I hope you enjoy!

Well that's my story, hope you enjoyed the multi post journey, thought it would be fun. This is going to make me step up what I send out. Thank you very much BeermeDuffMan!!!!

Did you try any of these yet Indy? I went back for a bottle of the Greenpepper Corn for myself and they were all gone. I'm on a call back list for some when/if they get more back.

Did you try any of these yet Indy? I went back for a bottle of the Greenpepper Corn for myself and they were all gone. I'm on a call back list for some when/if they get more back.

Yes I did! The Green Peppercorn was a tasty brew, the spice of the peppercorn was there but not overwhelmiing. I would drink it again.
We also drank Hop Hog IPA and the BRAAAAIIINNS. The IPA was solid, not the best I've ever had but absolutely enjoyable. The Brains was a hit with one of my friends, but most of us thought it had a too much cinnamon and was off balance. I opened those three at a small gathering I had at hte house. I'll probably drink a couple more in the next few weeks, but the Heresy, Flying Mouflan, 120 min, Mad Elf will all get some age on them first. I can't decide what to do with the Consecration, I want to drink it so badly but then it will be gone and I won't have it anymore haha.

Yes I did! The Green Peppercorn was a tasty brew, the spice of the peppercorn was there but not overwhelmiing. I would drink it again.
We also drank Hop Hog IPA and the BRAAAAIIINNS. The IPA was solid, not the best I've ever had but absolutely enjoyable. The Brains was a hit with one of my friends, but most of us thought it had a too much cinnamon and was off balance. I opened those three at a small gathering I had at hte house. I'll probably drink a couple more in the next few weeks, but the Heresy, Flying Mouflan, 120 min, Mad Elf will all get some age on them first. I can't decide what to do with the Consecration, I want to drink it so badly but then it will be gone and I won't have it anymore haha.

I have decent access to RR Sours like Damnation, Consecration, Supplication, Redemption...they are a tad pricey here, not sure what the going rate is for them over in Cali, but I would be up to trading more to you in a few weeks.

Hello! I am relatively new to the forum and was wondering how often this swap happens? I saw that this one had already ended and was hoping to be ready for the next one. Thanks!

Hello! I am relatively new to the forum and was wondering how often this swap happens? I saw that this one had already ended and was hoping to be ready for the next one. Thanks!

A week or two after everyone has received their package TheMan usually starts the next one. Since you have less than 3 months and 100 posts you would have to be one of the 3 exceptions.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I have decent access to RR Sours like Damnation, Consecration, Supplication, Redemption...they are a tad pricey here, not sure what the going rate is for them over in Cali, but I would be up to trading more to you in a few weeks.

They're pricey over here as well. $13 for a 12oz bottle for the barrel aged sours (consecration, temptation, etc). A few bucks cheaper at the brewery though. $5 for 12oz damnation (yet I can get a pint of this for $5 at my local bar).

Edit: oh and damnation and redemption aren't sour beers, they're Belgians.

They're pricey over here as well. $13 for a 12oz bottle for the barrel aged sours (consecration, temptation, etc). A few bucks cheaper at the brewery though. $5 for 12oz damnation (yet I can get a pint of this for $5 at my local bar).

Edit: oh and damnation and redemption aren't sour beers, they're Belgians.

Its remarkably cheaper there...our state laws are very antiquated. The bottle shops in Philly basically have to pay retail then resell it. A Consecration here goes for 17.99 per bottle. Essentially bar pricing.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Its remarkably cheaper there...our state laws are very antiquated. The bottle shops in Philly basically have to pay retail then resell it. A Consecration here goes for 17.99 per bottle. Essentially bar pricing.

Whoa... That's nutso

Whoa... That's nutso

I'm thankful that I have access to it, even if the price is steep. The thought of having it in a shop around the corner from the office is a good thought, regardless of cost. I have a few bottles tucked away and if the right trade comes along or the right random swap, I have no qualms about packaging it for shipment.

RedOktoberfest said:
My package must be stuck in the dark territory. No updates since early Friday.

Just got an update from Fed Ex.

If you know anything about 7 black plastic barrels full of $80,000,000 being 341 miles from your house, start getting excited for tomorrow. :tank:

Guys, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback for your senders.

A few of us are still awaiting their shipments...rest assured I will be posting feed back probably before pictures once I do get it, however.

This wasn't a passive aggressive way of me asking for my feedback by the way...

Yeah. I know of at least one guy who hasn't received any feedback from his recip...

(<---)

:drunk::rockin::ban::cross:

not me! I was pointing to, uh... that guy. Over there. The one with the thing. Yeah, him!

RedOktoberfest said:
Just got an update from Fed Ex.

If you know anything about 7 black plastic barrels full of $80,000,000 being 341 miles from your house, start getting excited for tomorrow. :tank:

Hint #2:

If the number 5,280 means anything to you, your package is on the delivery truck. :tank:

RedOktoberfest said:
Hint #2:

If the number 5,280 means anything to you, your package is on the delivery truck. :tank:

Isn't that how many feet are in a mile?

Back