Need inexpensive source for Oetiker clamps & pliers set

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouT

Can't wait to go AG...
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a basic kit at reasonable price? - wanting the Oetiker clamp pliers in a plastic container with about 3-5 varied sizes of clamps (selection) in the container (maybe 10-20 of each size clamp). Good source for replacement clamps would also be nice.
Biggest factor - I don't want to get gouged on the price.

I get my Oetiker clamps from www.portagespecialty.com

They have a bunch of other cool fittings that are great for brewing, too. Unfortunately, their shopping cart system sucks, but they are easy to deal with over the phone.

I bought some official Oetiker pliers from ebay, but I'd say that they are a waste. Just get some end nippers like this and take a file to the edges to un-sharpen them. Look around, you might be able to find them in a dollar store or something.

-Steve

I just re-read your post and see that you were looking for an assortment. I find that I only need two sizes. I use the 0145 for liquid lines and the 0170 for gas lines.

BTW the clamps are found of the tubing page at portage specialty

-S

Thanks! I kind of want the official pliers because you can use them straight on (like nippers) or from the side when you have limited access.
Also, while I would use these for my beer lines, I also will make use of them in motorcycle repairs/service (Harley).
Anyone else?

i just get my stepless oetiker clamps from mcmaster. they sell in bags of 50 for around 7 dollars a bag for the stepless. the 'regular' are much cheaper, but don't seal as well.

i just bought cheap oetiker pliars off ebay, and they work well enough. you should be able to find some easily for less than 20 shipped, if not less than 10 shipped.

i would buy twice as many as you think you will need, as far as the clamps themselves go. while you are at it, you might as well buy more tubing too. haha.

if you need mcmaster numbers, i can try to scrounge around for them, otherwise you can just search and browse around on mcmaster looking for them.

gnef said:
i just get my stepless oetiker clamps from mcmaster. they sell in bags of 50 for around 7 dollars a bag for the stepless. the 'regular' are much cheaper, but don't seal as well.

i just bought cheap oetiker pliars off ebay, and they work well enough. you should be able to find some easily for less than 20 shipped, if not less than 10 shipped.

i would buy twice as many as you think you will need, as far as the clamps themselves go. while you are at it, you might as well buy more tubing too. haha.

if you need mcmaster numbers, i can try to scrounge around for them, otherwise you can just search and browse around on mcmaster looking for them.

I would be interested in the mcmaster numbers as well.

52545K27 Gap-free Pinch Hose And Tube Clamp, 11/32" To 13/32" Clamp Id Range, 13/64" Band Width

52545K51 Gap-free Pinch Hose And Tube Clamp, 27/64" To 17/32" Clamp Id Range, 9/32" Band Width

those are the two kinds i used for standard 3/8''OD gas line, and 7/16" OD beerline.

Thanks, guys. I'm assuming McMaster also sells the pliers but at an expensive price...

i wouldn't know, i just bought mine cheaply through ebay. search around, you can find some cheap oetiker pliars.

I assume I bought the standard type. I did not get the side-jaw, and mine do not seem to be that narrow. I think I bought mine for 12 or 20 dollars shipped, it seemed very reasonable to me.

here is a set of 6 Knipex brand Oetiker clamp pliers. If you are a Factory Harley tech or any type of professional mechanic then you know that Knipex make some of the finest pliers, dykes, channel locks, crimping tools on the market. far superior to snap on, matco or mac.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ180174120779
I am a pro mechanic and have 30k in snap on. I threw out my snap on dykes when I got a set of Knipex(for testament- one handed, cut a penny in half with no strain). Knipex grip tools make snap on look like gold plated husky. If you decide to get these pm me as I would be more than willing to buy a set from you and have no doubt you could sell the remaining ones in hbt classifieds. these are some quality tools.

On kegconnection.com under parts/clamps they have oetiker pliers for $8.95 and you can order any number of different size clamps as well.

Back