Houston Group Grain Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schaez

Reaction score
Ok, time for another round. I meant to get this out earlier but I got busy. Right now the target is for a early July delivery assuming we fill a pallet.

Prices
Check here for prices. Actual cost will be provided at time of order. Last time shipping was around $4/bag.
http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/downloads/2012 Hickory Updated 4-30-12.pdf

Pick-Up Location
My house in Pearland

How it works:
Post here and email me with bag requests. Please include your name, HBT username and the item ID in your email.
If you would like to split a bag, please post that you are interested in a split (50/50, 3rd bag, 1/4 bag). Once the bag is complete, email me.
I will post updates on the progress as we go along.

Payment
Payment will be through Paypal. I may add additional options later. Please remember the following when working with Paypal.

Originally Posted by CidahMastah 

Payment

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

CM‐2ROW Canadian 2‐Row - 1 bag
CM‐MUNH Munich Malt - 1/2 bag
CM‐RYEM Rye Malt - 1/4 bag
CM‐WHET Wheat Malt - 1/4 bag

CM‐2ROW Canadian 2‐Row - 1 bag
CM‐MUNH Munich Malt - 1/2 bag
CM‐RYEM Rye Malt - 1/4 bag
CM‐WHET Wheat Malt - 1/4 bag

I'll take the other half of the Munich bag and I'll go ahead and mark it on the spreadsheet. I'll take 1/2 of the Rye Malt, but please email me when the other 1/4 is taken and when the other 3/4 of the Wheat malt is taken. I'll record it at that point in time.

I sent you and e-mail. I need a bag of 2-row and a bag of pils. I'll take the other quarter of rye and a half of wheat too.

Alright, with my 5.5 so far we're up to 12.5 bags.

I'd be interested in the following split bags.
1/5 Pale Chocolate TFTF‐‐PCHO (please don't go lower than 1/5 for speciality and 1/4 on base)
1/5 Roasted Barley BDBD‐‐RSTB
1/2 Bitter Orange Peel 1 lb 1776‐2 (if no others then I'll buy the whole lb)
1/2 Sweet Orage Peel 1 lb 1768‐2 (if no others then I'll buy the whole lb)
1/4 Pilsen Light (2°L) DME 5760
1/2 Briess Insta Grains Flaked Oats 25 lbs 5055

Depends on the grain.
Estimate 3 to 4 buckets.
I fit a bag of malted wheat in 2.5 buckets but takes about 3.5 buckets for 2-row.

27.5# of wheat fit into 1 bucket easily. Pilsner and pale malt both had some leftover that I could not fit into a homer bucket with Gamma lid attached. I still had buckets I used for LME that fit the leftovers perfectly.

Depends on the grain.
Estimate 3 to 4 buckets.
I fit a bag of malted wheat in 2.5 buckets but takes about 3.5 buckets for 2-row.

Mredge, are you using HD Homer buckets? It sounds like your buckets are much smaller than what I'm using.

sorry; I was off by one.
my last bag of Munich fit in 2.5 buckets. The wheat fits in 2 buckets pretty easily.
Took 4 to fit a 1/2 bag of rice hulls.

Cool I was thinking about starting this up myself, now I don't need to. I'd be in for,
1 - TF‐OPTC
1 - CM‐SPIL
1/2 - BD‐CR55
1/3 - BD‐CR75
1/3 - BZ‐ARO
1/3 - CM‐WHET
If no one wants to split the aromatic I would be willing to split a bag of dark munich instead.

Spreadsheet

Updated the spreadsheet. Up to 23.5 bags (1 25 lbs bag)

Here's what I've seen for partial bags. Please email me when they are full.

schaez
-----------------
1/4 Pale Chocolate TFTF‐‐PCHO (changed to 1/4)
1/4 Roasted Barley BDBD‐‐RSTB
--1/4 senordodo
1/2 Sweet Orage Peel 1 lb 1768‐2 (if no others then I'll buy the whole lb)
--1/4 to chapulin

stevebuscemi
-----------------
1/3 - BD‐CR75
1/3 - BZ‐ARO
1/3 - CM‐WHET

bogwart
-----------------
1/4 CM-RYEM

senordodo
-----------------
1/2 CM-MUNH
1/2 BD-MOPA
1/2 BZ-DWHT

I'll go up to [1/3] on my [1/4] to secure the buy

I just marked you under my initial split request for a 1/4 and moved mine up to a 1/4. We'd need another half for the buy. I'd prefer not going to 1/3 myself, but if there is only one other person then I'd be willing to do it.

I'm going to email everyone from the first group buy to get this going. This is just a shameless bump to get more attention to the thread.

Edit: Now that I look at the thread it looks like most of the people from the first group buy are on here, sorry for the annoying email.

I'm going to need more grain by the time this buy get going again! Maybe after the holiday we’ll get ramped back up, for now another shameless bump.

I'll bump my 1/4 up to 1/2 of the CM-RYEM since brauerstein is picking up the other half of the bag. That one should be closed and I'll email you as well.

Spreadsheet

Updated the spreadsheet. Up to 29.5 bags (1 25 lbs bag)

Here's what I've seen for partial bags. Please email me when they are full.

schaez
-----------------
1/4 Pale Chocolate TFTF‐‐PCHO (changed to 1/4)
1/4 Roasted Barley BDBD‐‐RSTB
--1/4 senordodo
--1/4 to chapulin

stevebuscemi
-----------------
1/3 - BD‐CR75
1/3 - BZ‐ARO

senordodo
-----------------
1/2 CM-MUNH
1/2 BZ-DWHT

brauerstein
-----------------
1/2 CM-PILS

Drawing attention to thread! Feel like there should be more interest then this, not like it's the first time and we don't know what we're doing.

I'll go in with stevebuscemi on these:

stevebuscemi
-----------------
1/3 - BD‐CR75
-- 1/3 senordodo
1/3 - BZ‐ARO
-- 1/3 senordodo

Awesome I was starting to get worried I was going to have to change my order, thank you sir. Anyone else interested in the split? Or buying several sacks to fill a pallet?

Awesome I was starting to get worried I was going to have to change my order, thank you sir. Anyone else interested in the split? Or buying several sacks to fill a pallet?

Steve I'll buy in for 2 sacks of 2 row if that will help. Will they be delivered to your place on the island?

Thanks Jeff

Latest posts

Back