Fermentap Valve Kit converts carboy to conical fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search for fermetap and you'll find some threads discussing this. Overall, my impression is that it IS too good to be, and it's not that great, really. Apparently, clogging is a major issue, among other things, and most people are quite disappointed.

I bought one a long time ago. I used it twice and now I use the stand to drain my carboys. The rest of it is in a box somewhere. All the yeast and trub stuck to the glass and I could never get it to drain out

RichBrewer said:
I bought one a long time ago. I used it twice and now I use the stand to drain my carboys. The rest of it is in a box somewhere. All the yeast and trub stuck to the glass and I could never get it to drain out

And here I was thinking I was the only one that did that.

What a waste of 30 bucks.

It was not worth the effort.

On the other hand, SWMBO is buying us, yes us, a welder for Xmas and we are making a conical ASAP.

Cheers,

knewshound

knewshound said:
And here I was thinking I was the only one that did that.

What a waste of 30 bucks.

It was not worth the effort.

On the other hand, SWMBO is buying us, yes us, a welder for Xmas and we are making a conical ASAP.

Cheers,

knewshound

wow, good luck! Lets see some pics when you get started...

Someday I may buy one of those large prefab conicals.. the just look so damn cool!

Back