Nitro Beer vs Real Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
Interesting comment on this video in regards to nitro beers being similar to real ale ("hand pulled british beers").

While not a real ale in the traditional sence or by the rules of CAMRA the nitro beers that I have had do have a similar mouth feel to the cask ales that I have had and although pushed with pressure they could be carbed at similar levels to a real ale. What do you think?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The Camra rules are not the be all an end all. Although they do a very good job.

I push my low carbed Stouts on high pressure CO2 with very good results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hand pumped beer in Dunedin, NZ I forget what it was called but it was some sort of brown ale, and required a two-part pour, the creaminess was superb.

I just got my nitrogen regulator and need to pickup my tank of beergas from AirGas (special order). I've had 2 Guinness stout faucets for months. Should have my setup running this weekend. I can't wait. I'll post back with my pour.

Back