My Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brrman

Reaction score
I have posted pictures of my bar here on occasion, but quite a few have expressed interest in seeing how I made it... I finished the bar last summer. But I have been very busy using it. ;) It took me a loooong time to plan and complete this project. I designed it with my kegerator in mind without even having my kegerator built (and I had never built a kegerator before)

So here is a little blog of the build:

First cabinet completed... The panels are all from spalted maple colored with transtint dye. Rails and stiles are walnut.

Bar - 05-2007 001.jpg

My helper...
Bar - 05-2007 003.jpg

Glueing up the veneer - this was nerve racking! The veneer is maple burl.
Bar - 05-2007 005.jpg

Bar - 05-2007 007.jpg

Getting the base in place...
Bar - 05-2007 011.jpg

The veneered substrate gets installed.
Bar - 05-2007 015.jpg

Front panel and lighting installed. This was all one massive series of panels. NOTICE that I have 2 homebrews poured - freely flowing beer was priority here, you see.
bar_002.jpg

New copper sink and faucet installed. The veneer has now been covered with a pour on epoxy finish (about 1/8" thick)
bar - complete 001.jpg

Back Bar is completed - chaulk board as one of the panels for the beer taps listing...
bar - complete 002.jpg

A couple kegs of homebrew waiting to go in the kegerator.
bar - complete 003.jpg

Got the computer with 15" touchscreen installed. Hooked to the soundsystem on my wireless network.
bar2008_001.jpg

bar2008_002.jpg

bar2008_003.jpg

bar2008_004.jpg

That friggin rocks! :rockin:

Excellent work! I must ask, though, how on earth does one person ever accumulate that many clamps in their workshop? :D

It would be impressive if you bought it, but you made it yourself, even more impressive. Nice job :mug:

Touch screen monitor hooked up to wireless network.
OMG.
That is SO sweet. A touchscreen jukebox.
Well done sir, well done.

Oh yeah the rest looks pretty good too!! :rockin:

Great job! Looks fantastic! I wish I had those skills, tools, and a workshop to go with it!! :D

The beers taste better already, don't they?

IrregularPulse said:
Freakin right man! How much for the 15" touch if you don't mind. I would like to add one this summer when we build our bar as well.

I got the touchscreen off ebay (with the milled aluminum arm attached) for $150. It was used, but it is a commercial version and in excellent shape - the edging is all aluminum and its very tough.

RoaringBrewer said:
Wow... that is insanely, awesome. If only I had the skills.

Want to build me one? :)

No, seriously...

Hah hah - I love woodworking, but I do it for myself. Building for anyone else just doesn't seem as rewarding. ;)

Thanks, guys - for all the comments. This is the first bar I ever built, and I actually had a lot of "firsts" on this project in regards to woodworking, and the kegerator and all. NOTHING feels better than pulling that tap and seeing your own beer flow into a frosty mug!

Jared311 said:
Great craftsmanship! Now all you need is a pool table and a nice stereo.

The stereo is the computer. Its hooked to a Klipsch speaker system in the sunroom (where the bar is). All my mp3 on my desktop upstairs can be played because the bar computer is on the wireless network. It sounds awesome.

I'd love a pool table, but I haven't the room. :(

Great bar! Can you give a few details on your WiFi soundsystem? Do you have sound throughout the house that can be controlled by any computer on the network?

Just an fyi for the computer. I use a touchscreen with a computer running software from www.thepcjukebox.com in my gameroom. It sets up a pretty cool jukebox interface with album covers and such. I only wish I had the bar to go with it. Good job.

BierMuncher said:
Yeah...well...you suck...
yup...You are definitely...The suckiest suck that ever sucked a suck!

I've already gotten 2 ass chewing s from SWMBO over this.....Thanks for the idea...JERK.

Seriously...That is grad A Mega Mocheezmo Cool.

BakerStreetBeers said:
Great bar! Can you give a few details on your WiFi soundsystem? Do you have sound throughout the house that can be controlled by any computer on the network?

Just to clarify - the speakers are not wireless.. But I have a wireless network in my house. I have a laptop, a desktop and the bar computer all on that network. All my mp3s are on the desktop. While at the bar I use Medimonkey software that will play the songs directly off my desktop.

The laptop can do this as well, but the laptop is not connected to any speakers like the bar computer is.

ohiobrewtus said:
That friggin rocks! :rockin:

Excellent work! I must ask, though, how on earth does one person ever accumulate that many clamps in their workshop? :D

You can never have enough clamps! With every trip to a woodworking store/website, you should always at least walk out with some clamps if nothing else!

Even my wife knows this!!

I've gotta get my bar finished one of these days. Man, just too many hobbies.

"Its a little smaaaaalllll, but it'll do." "What I really wanna know is...........wher'd ya' git that bloo laight?"

Good work.

pjj2ba said:
You can never have enough clamps! With every trip to a woodworking store/website, you should always at least walk out with some clamps if nothing else!

Even my wife knows this!!

I've gotta get my bar finished one of these days. Man, just too many hobbies.
I'll trade you some ties for clamps...guess what I get a lot of??? ;) :D

Awesome, and I don't use that word often, bar.

I saw a bunch of those touch screen jukeboxes in Korea last year...I may have to do something similar. ;)

Back