PSA- Don't Jump in Front of Trains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I posted last I have seen 2 new cases in the paper. Some genius is suggesting a track alarm that will ring if a person winds up on the tracks. We have ever inflating fares, and somehow we are going to pay for track alarms. My sympathies for anyone who winds up on the tracks (and wasnt pushed or thrown) is quite limited.

Winter doldrums? Seriously though it has been a lot. As someone who has seen a few too many, I can guarantee that jumpin in front of a train would not be my preferred way to leave this planet voluntarily.

go on and get it over with then,
find yourself a bridge and jump,
but you better get it right the first time
cause theres nothing worse than a suicide chump

Frank Zappa

I know you have to be pretty mentally ill to kill yourself, especially like that... but again, its kind of a dick move. You guys are trained to deal with it (not that you want to) but what about the conductor? other straphangers who are stuck in the train?

And here's one time and one time only I'll say this... what if someone's kid witnesses you becoming a human waterballoon?

To tell you the truth, we're really not trained to deal with that stuff. My first experience with a dead body was searching what was left of the clothing of someone who had run back into a burning apartment to retrieve cash. She was burnt beyond any recognition. I don't even remember being shown pictures in the academy. Honestly though, what can they really do to prepare you for that? The smell of a good rotting body is nothing that can be described. I believe in the past they used to bring recruits to the morgue but that's been gone for a long time.

I was nearby when a guy got cooked by 100KV. Let me tell you the smell is unforgettable, and not in a mmmmm, smells like bacon sort of way. Fortunately for him, he probably never knew what happened.

Back