Do I have a broken Regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak6143

Reaction score
I just got my kegerator put together. I had 2 cornys filled from a couple different places today and hooked them up. I had the center screw turned clockwise all the way (what I would assume to be off). The valves were turned off and when I turned the CO2 on, it immediately jumped to 60PSI as if the center adjustment was wide open or something. Any ideas? The unit I have I got from Bev Factory and the link is below. Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
Adma

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...double_gauge_co2_regulator_air_splitter.shtml

Damn! That was dumb. Thanks for the insight. So with all that pressure in the keg now, should I relieve it all and re do it you think? Thanks for the help!

If it was already carbed at a good level you could vent it just to get the extra pressure off of it. How long was it hit with the high pressure?

so i let it set overnight after getting the pressure regulated. I get a good amount of foam yet the beer still seems a little flat. any way to correct this?

Set it at serving pressure for at least a couple weeks. I usually set mine at 12-14psi and wait at least 2 weeks before drinking.

Great. Thanks for all the help and speedy responses. One of the best forums Ive ever used for anything.

You shouldn't need weeks if the brew was already carbed. Just a couple days should do it. Sounds like it could have used that extra pressure instead of being vented off.

it was commercially filled in my cornys. They had them topped off with co2 as well

Along the regulator, it has 2 gauges, 1 for PSI to the tanks and 1 to tell how full the CO2 tank is. I just got this tank filled on Thurs but the needle on the gauge basically says near empty. How the heck does this regulator even know what size tank its hooked to? Is there a way set it to the size tank that I have so the gauge is accurate? The one I have is http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...double_gauge_co2_regulator_air_splitter.shtml

There is no way to set what size tank. Those high pressure gauges are pretty useless. I think the highest mine ever said was seven hundred, it usually says about three hundred. They rarely move until the tank is almost totally dry.

Back