Beer faucet and shank help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I just got a much nicer newer fridge to replace my old nasty fridge in the garage. The new one has room for 6 cornies, my old one would only hold 3. I currently have one tap and shank from the old fridge. I want 2 or 3 more so I can keep 3 or 4 kegs on tap. I have been looking at all of the parts online and I'm not sure what I need to order. I know I need faucets and shanks. What is the thing called that is two pieces, it has a nut and a nipple that connects the beer line to the shank? Does it come with the shank?
What size shank should I get? They have 3/16 or 1/4 holes.
How about a cheap drip tray?

What is the thing called that is two pieces, it has a nut and a nipple that connects the beer line to the shank? Does it come with the shank?

Tail piece and Beer Nut, not usually included with the shank unless your supplier is putting them together as a kit. It could have a nipple or a 1/4" MFL fitting. I got the MFL to make it easier to change out different lengths of beer line if I needed to. If you get the MFL you will also need a 1/4" swivel nut that has a hose barb.

What size shank should I get? They have 3/16 or 1/4 holes.

probably 3/16", since you will be wanting to use 3/16" beverage line.

How about a cheap drip tray?

Metal drywall mud tray from home depot.

Back