Go Boys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
Okay, someone had to do it, might as well be me. I grew up in Dallas and was there during the 90's when they did so well. I'm glad they're back.

I don't know if they'll make it all the way to the Superbowl this year but it would still be nice to see it. Plus, it will give me a chance to expose people to homebrewing. I wish I had another friend that was into it so maybe I can get someone started.

Anyways, go Cowboys!

I hate the Cowboys. :D

Having said that - I'm guessing that once your buddies taste your brews that they'll want to get started in the hobby themselves. I've taught 5 people how to brew in the last 9 months.

This is a fun hobby even if you're doing it solo, but it's a lot more fun when you brew with 3 or 4 other guys who are all bringing their brews over for everyone to sample as well.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

J/K Enjoy it while you can- hot streaks don't come around all that often.

And frankly, I hope the Boys' streak ends at the hands of the Pack! No offense.......

Whodathunk, you go from Bill Parcells to Wade Phillips, and the team gets better!

They're good; Romo's legit, TO's obviously a great big-play guy, Witten is one of the best TEs in the league, they can run the ball, and they can play D. I like that rookie kicker, too, he's got a good leg and he's hit at least one real clutch FG already this year.

Dallas being good is good for the NFL. I'd love to see the 'Boys play against the Pack in the NFC Championship game, although I'm afraid that John Madden's head might explode seeing Favre matched up against Romo. Either that, or he'd have to sit cross-legged for a while...

the_bird said:
Dallas being good is good for the NFL. I'd love to see the 'Boys play against the Pack in the NFC Championship game, although I'm afraid that John Madden's head might explode seeing Favre matched up against Romo. Either that, or he'd have to sit cross-legged for a while...

Do you think that there's room on Madden's head for both a Favre and a Romo asshat? :fro:

Why don't we let Cowboy fan #2 emerge before this post gets pillaged.

I mean, how hard can it be? The bandwagon is riding pretty low and slow.

olllllo said:
Why don't we let Cowboy fan #2 emerge before this post gets pillaged.

I mean, how hard can it be? The bandwagon is riding pretty low and slow.

Yeah, well, it's kinda hard for the Dallass bandwagon right now. I mean, first of all, everyone got pretty burnt out back in the 90's when 92% of the American public was on the Dallass bandwagon...then Troy got his brain knocked out and Emmit retired and they went back to sucking, and all those bandwagoneers took all their Dallass paraphernalia to Goodwill.

Now, all the transient bandwagoneers have either jumped on the Pats or GB's wagons...and while most bandwagoneers will make the jump from one wagon to the other in the offseason, it takes a special kind of ****** to jump ship midseason. So I'm afraid that the Dallass bandwagon will have to wait till next year.

Cowboys fan #2 checking in.

I've been a fan since the miserable 1989 season.. 1-15 is ROUGH on a 6 year old.

The "LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!!" they pulled on the Lions this past Sunday was GOLDEN.

Neomich Okay, someone had to do it, might as well be me. I grew up in Dallas and was there during the 90's when they did so well. I'm glad they're back.

You have to admit though, you were sweating a little during that game.

That one is Marinelli's fault. Fundamental football=fall on a fumble in the final seconds.

Flyin' Lion said:
You have to admit though, you were sweating a little during that game.

That one is Marinelli's fault. Fundamental football=fall on a fumble in the final seconds.

Agreed. Paris Lenon has been in the league too long to make that mistake there.

I'm trying to decide if it was Lenon's knucklehead play, the blatant PI that wasn't called on CJ just before halftime that would have put them on the edge of Hanson's range, the PI that wasn't called in the endzone, or the Lions inability to score a TD with 1st and goal on the 1 that lost the Cowboys game for them because it sure as heck wasn't Hanson missing a 35 yard field goal.

I have a feeling that Marinelli will once again turn over a good portion of this roster in the offseason.

I gotta cheer for Favre and the Pack since the Lions sucked their way out of the playoff race. If the Pack loses then I'll hope that the Cowboys make it to the SB and get a chance to beat down the Pats. :D

persinger said:
I've been a fan since the miserable 1989 season.. 1-15 is ROUGH on a 6 year old.

If it weren't for that season, you never would've had that run in the '90s. The Packers beat the Boys on the final day, thus cementing Dallas' pick of Aikman. That and the Viqueens giving you about three picks in each of the next 50 drafts for Herschel Walker........:mad:

BOOOOOOHIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!

Cowboys?!?!?!?.......Cowboys suck!!!!

While I can't stand the 'boys personally, I do have to admit, they are looking pretty strong this year. And if they end up in the big one against the Pats (lots of people think they will) I don't know what I'll do......move to Canada maybe.

OK, you guys KNOW I'm a Cowboys fan. No bandwagoner here. I have been a fan since I was a kid watching Staubach play. I lived in Dallas during the 90's and was able to go several games, including some playoff games. I may request to be buried in a Cowboys jersey. :cross:

Anyway, they're good this year and it's fun for me as a fan. They're not unbeatable, though. I think this last game was good for them. They were reminded that on any given Sunday even a crappy team like the lions can show up to play. Plus it gave them an opportunity to come from behind. I think that experience will add to their confidence if they find themselves there again.

Gotta be honest, though. Watching them play this year doesn't really give me that "THIS IS THE YEAR" feeling. I predict we'll lose either in the NFC Championship or Superbowl and come back and win it next year.

When I was six, my dad came home with a "surprise" for me. He gets me all excited and then pulls a Dallas helmet out of a brown paper bag. He had picked it up at a yard sale on the way home. It took me about a week to sand all of that hideous silver paint off of it. A can of burgundy spray paint, some white and gold electrical tape, and a couple of really classy decals later, I had me a helmet that I could be proud of. :D

Lil' Sparky said:
Gotta be honest, though. Watching them play this year doesn't really give me that "THIS IS THE YEAR" feeling. I predict we'll lose either in the NFC Championship or Superbowl and come back and win it next year.

I agree that it's not "The Season" for them but at least it lays the ground work for next year. If the Pats were't as dominating, then perhaps I'd be a bit more hopeful on a superbowl win. Either way, it's been nice to be a Cowboys fan this year, even with the couple close ones we squeeked by with.

I've always hated the Cowboys. They're my least favorite football team and #2 in all of professional sports behind the Cubs. I kinda like Romo - too bad he doesn't play for someone else.

I don't get hating a team just because. I'm a grad student at Texas A&M and you see the same irrational hatred for the Longhorns here. Well I guess this is a 100 yr long rivalry, and college students are easily brainwashed, so maybe it's not exactly the same.

It just doesn't make any sense. It's like me saying I hate the Colts (or Pats, Packers, etc.) because they're a good team with a great QB. If a team has a bunch of pricks, or fans that are always out of line (cussing out players, opposing fans, throwing stuff, etc.), fine. I don't think that's what you've got with the Cowboys. Most of their fans are just normal people, not the fanatical nut jobs you get in other cities. A lot of the fans at the games are the "coke and boob job" variety that can afford tickets to the games, and it's more of a social event for them. ;)

Whatever! Hate on, haters!!!

Neomich said:
Okay, someone had to do it, might as well be me. I grew up in Dallas and was there during the 90's when they did so well. I'm glad they're back.

I don't know if they'll make it all the way to the Superbowl this year but it would still be nice to see it. Plus, it will give me a chance to expose people to homebrewing. I wish I had another friend that was into it so maybe I can get someone started.

Anyways, go Cowboys!

GO PACKERS!!!We will meet again in the NFC Championship!!!

Lil' Sparky said:
I don't get hating a team just because. I'm a grad student at Texas A&M and you see the same irrational hatred for the Longhorns here. Well I guess this is a 100 yr long rivalry, and college students are easily brainwashed, so maybe it's not exactly the same.

It just doesn't make any sense. It's like me saying I hate the Colts (or Pats, Packers, etc.) because they're a good team with a great QB.

Whatever! Hate on, hater!!!

As soon as you start calling someone "America's Team", I automatically don't like them. Sports hatred is different that "real life" hatred to me. I know that some people take it too far, but I enjoy a good rivalry and having teams I like to see win and lose. It just makes sports more fun.

So what's YOUR team? Has there even been a rivalry between them and the Cowboys? If it's not the Skins, Eagles, or 49ers, I'd say no.

I can see your point about "America's Team", but you have to admit, they've been the most liked NFL team for a long time. I guess that also earns them the most hated spot as well. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of the hatred towards "America's Team" stems from the sheer number of bandwagon fans the 'Boys acquired back in the day, plus the sense that they pretty much gave themselves that title. Me, I'm indifferent, much like I am about most of the NFC teams. They're interesting because they have such a long history. I liked rooting for Bledsoe, even though I was glad he was out of New England (class guy, generally, but fundamentally flawed as a QB).

Reason #1
Jerry-Jones.jpg

No need for reason #2-....

Lil' Sparky said:
So what's YOUR team? Has there even been a rivalry between them and the Cowboys? If it's not the Skins, Eagles, or 49ers, I'd say no.

I can see your point about "America's Team", but you have to admit, they've been the most liked NFL team for a long time. I guess that also earns them the most hated spot as well. :rolleyes:

Bears - so no, not really. And the funny thing is that I sort of like the Packers while most Bear fans absolutely hate them.

I think my initial dislike for the Cowboys started as a kid in the 70. All the neighborhood kids went either Steelers or Cowboys since the Bears were so bad at the time. My brother liked the Coyboys, so that made it even worse.

Lil' Sparky said:
... If a team has a bunch of pricks, or fans that are always out of line (cussing out players, opposing fans, throwing stuff, etc.), fine. ...

No, that would be Notre Dame or the Eagles.

I grew up a Dallas Fan. The America's Team moniker came from the fact that their games were big in the early 1970s with fans across the border in Mexico and they had winning teams back then. They had a lot of Mexican fans and hence, representated American football. So, they got the name by some sportswriter of "America's Team" and it stuck. These days, you can live anywhere and have easy access to games. But back then, that wasn't the case; the NFL was really and American sport.

I began to drop my allegiance to the Boys after the whole 'Landry being dumped and Jimmy taking over' thing. Sure, Landry was past his prime, but the way it was done was shameful. IMO, Jimmy mirrors everything that is wrong in sports ownership. He used to be the exception; nowadays, he's the rule.

I think in 1985, the Chicago Bears were America's Team. A couple of years ago, it was the Colts. This year, it's clearly the Pats. And Miami is America's Doormat.

Rhoobarb said:
No, that would be Notre Dame or the Eagles.

Funny, I was thinking specifically about the Eagles when I wrote that. Don't know anything about the ND fans. Do they still have any fans after this year? ;)

Ohio, you win. How Matt Millen remains gainfully employed in the NFL is beyond me. IIRC, the only experience before he got the job (besides playing) was being one of the worst color commentators ever. Think he's decided which wide receiver to draft yet?

RICLARK said:
GO PACKERS!!!We will meet again in the NFC Championship!!!

I like Green Bay as well, they have a long history of football there. However, when they play Dallas, I have to side with Dallas due to hometown preference.

I'm very neutral about a lot of teams but there are few I have a negative preference for. Pretty much anyone in our immediate division due to wanting "My" team to make the playoffs. I have no personal negative feelings towards any of the teams but strategically I do.

Neomich said:
I like Green Bay as well, they have a long history of football there. However, when they play Dallas, I have to side with Dallas due to hometown preference.

I'm very neutral about a lot of teams but there are few I have a negative preference for. Pretty much anyone in our immediate division due to wanting "My" team to make the playoffs. I have no personal negative feelings towards any of the teams but strategically I do.

Well , I bet you were sad when the Cards left your division. Thats +2 wins every year and your perma-Thanksgiving home field advantage.

Back