Dang, only got 50 bottles out of my batch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heertsy

Reaction score
And it was actually 5 1/2 gallons in the fermenter. Honey nut ale. Hope this doesn't mean i filled the bottles too full!!

Was thinking I should get 56-57 bottles out of it.

heertsy said:
And it was actually 5 1/2 gallons in the fermenter. Honey nut ale. Hope this doesn't mean i filled the bottles too full!!

Was thinking I should get 56-57 bottles out of it.

Nope 50 is about right... That's the amount i usually get, give or take a bottle or two.

The thing about it is, unless you're completely sure on the measurement of the container and you got ALL of it you'll never get an exact amount.

Hmmmm :drunk:
I never got more than about 46-47 out of a 5 gal batch. It's usually moe like 43-45.

I have got anywhere from 49 to 56 bottles. It all depends on how much boil-off I got. If it was 5 gallons I got 49 and if I did not boil-off as much so I ended up near 5.5 gallons I would end up with more.
One thing to watch is if you have say 5.5 - 6 gallons and you prime with the 5oz sugar pack that comes with most kits or you buy at the LHBS, you will be under carbed.

I used more than 3/4 cup but a tiny bit less than a full cub to prime. Hoping carbonation turns out fine. I was right at 5 gallons after transferring to the bottling bucket and all the sludge gone..

I usually got right around 51 or 52 bottles out of a batch when i bottled.

640 oz in Five gallons of beer = 53.33333333 twelve ounce bottles.

Cheers

used Sam Adams bottles and didn't rip off the labels, and their top label goes all the way around so it was actually a bit difficult to judge the amount at the top. i did well with it though, i went when the beer JUST hit the bottom of that label. I need to tear those suckers off!!!

Also, my porch is usually about 76 degrees, I am thinking that is PERFECT temp to condition. Will leave them their for 2 weeks, then move to my 64 degree basement for one last week.

Thinking that should be awesome temps for bottle conditioning!

BTW, one last question, and it's silly, i boiled the sugar in water for 10 minutes, and poured right into the bottling bucket when hot......recently read online where you are suppose to let that cool first, this isn't a big deal is it???

The hot priming solution killed some yeast, but I've read lots of posts from people who don't cool it and say it isn't a problem. You should be fine.

I've alway put it in hot and never had a problem, as you rack into the bucket, it will cool it down with plenty of yeast still on its way.

Latest posts

Back