Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
We are starting another group buy in Chicago. As usual, grain is delivered to my place at the vicinity of Cicero and Grand in Chicago. Per hbt rules, we do not mark up prices and there are no club fees or any other BS fees involved like with some home brew clubs in the area.

Delivery charges are amortized across the number of sacks ordered. There are 42 sacks maximum per pallet so we try to maximize each pallet to keep delivery costs per bag at a minimum. Anyone is welcomed to participate all we ask is that you register for free on homebrewtalk then go to the link below to sign up to the database (thanks ghoti!) and place your order. The pricing will automatically adjust based on the total amount of grain ordered. If you have any questions let me know. If you find any bugs with the database let ghoti know. Thanks everyone!

chicagohomebrewers.org/grain

look in the notes section for the catalog and spreadsheet links.

EDIT: When it's time to pay and you plan on paying using paypal, PLEASE DO NOT GIFT THE MONEY TO ME BUT INSTEAD PAY THE TRANSACTION FEE YOURSELF. I have already received a warning on previous buys and paypal will freeze my account and everyone's money who has paid. You can pay with cash or check which takes a little longer to clear. Thank you.

By the way for everyone, including myself, that replied in the group 5 thread about hops for this buy, the Centennial is sold out for this and next season. The nelson sauvin is still available however. I would be interested in a split, anyone else? I would want 2 pounds the other 9 would be available.

By the way for everyone, including myself, that replied in the group 5 thread about hops for this buy, the Centennial is sold out for this and next season. The nelson sauvin is still available however. I would be interested in a split, anyone else? I would want 2 pounds the other 9 would be available.

I'll take 2 pounds of NS!

I will take a pound of NS. Also interested in a couple pounds of simcoe if it is available.

How have people organized payment and splitting hops in previous buys?

How about splitting them up? Do you divide them up at the pick-up location? I'm interested in buying some, but since I have to rely on friends to drive me to the pick-up, I'm a bit restricted in when I can show up.

How about splitting them up? Do you divide them up at the pick-up location? I'm interested in buying some, but since I have to rely on friends to drive me to the pick-up, I'm a bit restricted in when I can show up.

who ever orders the items is responsible for splitting up. Often times, people in a split will arrange for one or two people to do the splits. They leave the splits with me for others to pick up. I have scales to weigh everything out.

I'll go in for 2 pounds of NS. 4 pounds left...

Edit: do we know if these New Zealand hops are actually available yet? They weren't on the last buy.

the database should not show any item that is not available to us. For instance, Briess is not available to us except for Briess Dry Malt Extract, which is the only Briess product that shows up. If anyone encounters an item that comes up on the database but is sold out or not available to us please let me know.

They should be available now, at least according to the info in the catalogue. All we can do is hope and try ordering them again this time.

Is the NS leaf or pellet- did I miss that info?

Is there a 'close date' on the buy? I'm trying to finalize splits before I submit my order and the guys are afraid I'm going to miss my order window time.

Retrofit said:

Is there a 'close date' on the buy? I'm trying to finalize splits before I submit my order and the guys are afraid I'm going to miss my order window time.

I don't think we have determined an end date but I wouldn't wait too long if I were you.

Retrofit said:

No hops in the catalog are available in leaf form, only pellet.

I'll go in for 2 pounds of NS. 4 pounds left...

Edit: do we know if these New Zealand hops are actually available yet? They weren't on the last buy.

I'd like to get in on a pound of NS. Been trying to get it since the last buy!

I'd like to buy in on some kind of hops, not sure of what kind, nut want to take advantage of the opportunity Bill is providing me with these prices! Bill, is my grain order regestering?

Suh-weet.

Anyone used the Best light and/or dark Munich and want to sway me one way or the other? Last time I tried to order I was stuck with this Gambrinus Dark Munich which isn't close to Munich malt at all. Still have over half the sack. Weird stuff.

Retrofit said:
I can't find briess 2-row (5298) I only see the great western. what am I doing wrong?

Briess malts are not available to us. The only Briess item available to us is there DME (5760).

ThirstT said:
I'd like to buy in on some kind of hops, not sure of what kind, nut want to take advantage of the opportunity Bill is providing me with these prices! Bill, is my grain order regestering?

Ghoti needs to fix the "export user list" that is available to admin only. Once that is fixed I'll be able to see everyone's individual order.

Once we decide when to close the buy I will get a quote for everyone to see and confirm their pricing then we start payment.

Also, once the "export user list" function is fixed (only available to the admin) I will place that data on a Google spreadsheet that is linked in the notes section of the group buy screen.

Ok so 3 pounds of Nelson Sauvin left available on my split. I'll place the order as soon as the 11 pounds are accounted for. If for some reason they are unavailable I will consider all splits null and void and cancel the split.

ylpaul2000 said:
Ok so 3 pounds of Nelson Sauvin left available on my split. I'll place the order as soon as the 11 pounds are accounted for. If for some reason they are unavailable I will consider all splits null and void and cancel the split.

In sure Neopol will get in, possibly for all 3 pounds. He and Trish are brewing maniacs, and I mean that in a good way.

Yes I'll do 11 lbs on next nelson I want at least 4lbs and maybe. 4 of pacific gem too... Also I'm in for 5 - 10 sacks, Ill check my inv. in the am

Neopol said:
Yes I'll do 11 lbs on next nelson I want at least 4lbs and maybe. 4 of pacific gem too... Also I'm in for 5 - 10 sacks, Ill check my inv. in the am

So then you don't want in on my 11 pounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back