I Love Brewing!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
Got a Stone Ruination IPA clone bubling away with two of my best friends. Man this is a great hobby! Who's with me...

skeeordye11 said:
Got a Stone Ruination IPA clone bubling away with two of my best friends. Man this is a great hobby! Who's with me...

lets put it this way....

theres a thin line between loving a hobby, and being crazy about an obsession :mug:

I can't quit. I've brewed 4 of the last 4 weekends and I've got one planned for next. Is there an organization that can help?

i've already been told i border on the "obsessed"...i have 16 gallons of stuff fermenting in my closet as i write this (5 gal apfelwein, 5 gal bock, 2 bottled cases of honey hefeweizen, and a 1 gallon experimental blueberry hard cider...).

people who overhear me talk about this stuff and then find out i started learning about it a few months ago tend to be the ones who label me as "obsessed"...the ones who drink my brew don't question it and just reap the benefits. :)

:mug:

joed123 said:
i've already been told i border on the "obsessed"...i have 16 gallons of stuff fermenting in my closet as i write this (5 gal apfelwein, 5 gal bock, 2 bottled cases of honey hefeweizen, and a 1 gallon experimental blueberry hard cider...).

people who overhear me talk about this stuff and then find out i started learning about it a few months ago tend to be the ones who label me as "obsessed"...the ones who drink my brew don't question it and just reap the benefits. :)

10 Gallons going right now: Weizen and Porter.

I have two more batch planned for the next: A Pale and a Pumkpin Ale

With the Apfelwein I have planned that's 25 Gallons of drink... What can I say, I enjoy the hobby as well. ;)

Cheers everyone! :mug:

joed123 said:

Most of us are obsessed and proud of it. I personally have roughly 18 cases of 11 differents brews in bottles that's all ready to drink, 1 in secondary, 1 in primary, another one planned for sometime this week, with 1 apfelwine going and the ingredients ready for another apfelwine.

I make it faster than I can drink it. I guess that there are worse problems in life to have... :mug:

Does the fact that when I'm not brewing, I'm writing beer recipes or hanging out here reading about beer mean I have a hobby or an obsession? I think I might have crossed that fine line.....

16 Gallons fermenting now and planning more... This is the first time that I have continually brewed each weekend for a month straight (something I planned on doing a while ago) and I want to brew MORE often now..... I caught myself today in a staff meeting pondering beer recipes when I should have been paying attention.. oh well, it has begun.

20 gallons fermenting and about 280 bottles (see my sig) ready for drinking.
and this from a guy who only used to buy a 6 pack of microbrews for the weekend and didn't touch a drop during the week.
only started brewing in dec/05....

wait, there is a line? I was told there wasn't a line, or maybe it was a squiggle, hell if I know. I don't think I'm there....but is it bad when I come home to see my starter and completely ignore the dog?

Back