almost no krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
Ok i brewed a honey pale ale from more beer on saturday. Og was 1.042 and i pitched wlp002 at about 75 degrees. ive only done about 6 batches so far but they have all happily bubbled away (even one i broke a thermometer in). The was no airlock activity or signs or krausen for about 30 hours. it started going but only formed like and 1/8 inch ring of krausen and it has all fallen out already today and no more airlock activity.
I havent rechecked the gravity but is it normal for this yeast to have such small head or could it be the 3 pounds of california honey that goes into this? It tasted great coming out of the kettle and just want to make sure that its going to be ok.

I had that very thing happen to me on my 1st brew,the cooper's OS lager with 1kg brewing sugar (20% maltodextrin). Came out fine. Some ferments just go that way,especially when sprinkled in dry.

Latest posts

Back