Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time with a group buy but would love to add to the list if the third pallet is still available.

1x CM-2ROW
1/2X BD-MOPA (if available)

So as it stands we have 84 sacks with the first two pallets and I'm going to call it 18 on the third. As of our last buy (March 21, 2011) the fuel surchage was $44.00 and shipping was $110.00/pallet. That would make the shipping costs for sacks on the first and second pallets $3.05/sack, and $6.54/sack on the third pallet. I'm currently waiting for a responce from Weak Knee to see if they want to throw anything in to the order. I think since they are being kind enough to let us drop there, I NEED to wait to hear back from them. I think everything is updated with everyone. If I messed anything up, let me know. thanks guys!
Tom

Tom, just wanted to clarify the GP-RICE that I have on my order. Looking at the sheet, this is the same term used for Flaked Rice and Rice Hulls. Not sure why. But I wanted the Hulls, not the Flaked Rice. Thanks

wade- Briess products are not available to us. Sorry. I still have not heard back from Weak Knee. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow, I will either run down over the weekend or call.
Tom

So as it stands we have 84 sacks with the first two pallets and I'm going to call it 18 on the third. As of our last buy (March 21, 2011) the fuel surchage was $44.00 and shipping was $110.00/pallet. That would make the shipping costs for sacks on the first and second pallets $3.05/sack, and $6.54/sack on the third pallet. I'm currently waiting for a responce from Weak Knee to see if they want to throw anything in to the order. I think since they are being kind enough to let us drop there, I NEED to wait to hear back from them. I think everything is updated with everyone. If I messed anything up, let me know. thanks guys!
Tom

On that note, I hope everyone says "thank you" to Weak Knee, my LHBS, for being great guys about this by picking up yeast, hops, or other specialty grains for your recipes when we do the pickup. I'm going to see if I can order my grain mill through them. They also have a lot of interesting hardware, and a bunch of homebrews on tap.....

BTW to the poster who asked about Briess--Weak Knee carries all kinds of Briess.

mjwitz- I appreciate that! I'm a good 40 minutes or so from them and hate talking on the phone..
As jturie stated, we need to show some love to Weak Knee for allowing us to do the pickup there. Great people and a very nice store if you were never there.
Tom

Yes to showing some luv to Weak Knee. Will surely pick up supplies while there and I will be a new customer so they are going to get some residual from this.

If still putting the order together I need a bag of
RICE HULLs
FLAKED CORN
+1 more 6 ROW

Does 1/2 a bag of malt fit into a 5 Gallon bucket?

Okay, time for an update. Mjwitz talked to Bill at Weak Knee. Apparently they just placed an order for grain and will not be able to fill our third pallet. So its all up to us. As mentioned before, we don't need the pallet full to place the order, but it will be easier if we do. A half sack of grain does fit in a 5gallon bucket, but as Mike said, its close. I will update the above order a bit later. Busy day at the house.
Tom

Okay, so NCM isn't getting back to me and we're so busy at my work that I'm not going to have time to call them at the moment. So, I'm going to start this thing with the price sheet I have below. If there is something that needs to be changed, we'll just handle it as the buy goes on. As mentioned above, pick up is going to be at Weak Knee Homebrew in Pottstown PA. Pick up date is TBA. Most of you have been involved in these buys before, but for those who haven't, here is how it works. Look over the catalog and pick out the grains you want. WE ARE ONLY BUYING GRAINS! At the top of the price sheet it will say if the grains come in 50 or 55# sacks. We are going to be in the 2,000-4,000# price bracket. Post what you want in this thread and I will start a list. We need 42 sacks to fill one pallet. When the pallet(s) are full, I will ask you all to confirm your orders. When everything is confirmed, I will send out PM's with your totals. PayPal is the fastest and preferred method to pay, but I will also take personal check or money order as long as they are sent out within 48 hours of getting your total. When all the money is recieved, the order will be placed and shipped. We will set up a pickup time "window" when the delivery date gets closer. I would like to try and get everyones phone numbers this time around. it will make my life a bit easier when it come to payment and pickup times. If you can, PM it to me and also let me kow if I can text you at that number. Let the games begin!
Tom

NCM Catalog link: 2011 Price Sheet

Weak Knee Homebrew address:
1300 N. Charlotte St North End Shopping Center
Pottstown, PA 19464

Current # of sacks: 84

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

beerloaf CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, CM-WHET x1/2

milldoggy CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-DWHT x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BD-VIEN x1/3, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C75 x1/4

Hackrsackr CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1/2, BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH

wadefisher CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-Vien x1, GB-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-6ROW x1, CM-PALE x1, GB-MUNH10 x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C75 x1/2, BD-RSTB x1/2, BD-MOPA x1

snowveil CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x2, BD-VIEN x1/3

jamin CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x1

josephus23 CONFIRMED- GB-PALE x1, BD-MOPA x1

rianrt CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x3, GW-C120 x1/4

idratherbeinmexico CONFIRMED- TF-MOPA x1, CM-WHET x1/2

M1Owen CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, CM-SPIL x1, BD-PALE x1

jturie CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-MOPA x1

mjwitz CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x2, BZ-WHT x1, CM-PALE x1

Mrott CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x2, CM-6ROW x2, BD-DCRL x1, BD- CHLT x1, BD-BLCK x1, GP-FLCRN x1

servadia- CM-2ROW x2, GW-C75 x1/4, GW-C30 x1/4

Funkster CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x1, GW-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1

Germanrockit CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1, BZ-WHT x1, BZ-MUNH x1, TF-GPRM x1, BD-RSTB x1/2, GW-C30 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

Coalcracker- BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1/3, BZ-PILS x1/2

Driver CONFIRMED- CM-PALE x1, BZ-VIEN x1

Dukeman9988 CONFIRMED- CM-PALE x1, BZ PILS x1/2

gifty74- BD-MOPA x2, CM-2ROW x2, BD-PILS x1, GW-C30 x1/2, GW-C120 x1/2

Risser09 CONFIRMED- GW-C30 x1/4

djstabby CONFIRMED- CM-PALE x2, BD-MOPA x1, Z-WHT x1

Kaz CONFIRMED- BD-MOPA x1, BZ-PILS x1, CM-WHT x1, CM-2ROW x1

--------------------------Third pallet-----------------------------------------

Number of sacks: 36

Partial sacks available:

pava CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x2, BD-MOPA x1, GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4

wadefisher CONFIRMED- GW-C15 x1/4, GP-RICE x1, CM-6ROW x1, GP-FLCRN x1

Risser09CONFIRMED- GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4

milldoggy CONFIRMED- GW-C15 x1/4, GW-C120 x1/4, GP-RICE x1/2

M1Owen- TF-GPRM x1/2, CM-2ROW x1, BD-PALE x1, GP-RICE x1/2

gifty74- CM-WHET x1/2, GW-C60 x1/2

mcgearybrewing- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-CRPL x1, TF-GPRM x1/2

HackrSackr CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1, CM-WHT x1/2, GW-C120 x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

nrosage CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, BD-MOPA x1/2

mjwitz CONFIRMED- BD-MOPA x1/2, BZ-MUNH x1/4

Domes- CM-SPIL x1, CM-PALE x1

mn_brew CONFIRMED- CM-2ROW x1, TF-MOPA x1

Coalcracker- BZ-PILS x1/2

rianrt CONFIRMED- BD-MOPA x1, BD-VIEN x1

Kaz CONFIRMED- BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-RSTB x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

jamin CONFIRMED- TF-MOPA x1

Germanrockit CONFIRMED- BD-CHLT x1/4, BD-BLCK x1/4

Dukeman9988 CONFIRMED- BZ-WHT x1/2

Mrott CONFIRMED- BZ-WHT x1/2

stblindtiger CONFIRMED- BZ-PILS x1

smarek82 - GW-2ROW x1

Driver CONFIRMED- BZ-MUNH x1/4, BD-CHLT x1/4, BZ-PILS x1/2

Anybody interested in splitting some , chocolate or Munich for the third pallet, I'd be willing to go 1/3 or 1/4 or maybe another common speciality grain. If not, no biggie.

In an effort to help fill the 3rd pallet, I might be interested in adding some partial sacks depending on what people are looking for...

I'd be interested in 1/4 sacks of chocolate and munich. I know there is one other taker out there...so, put me down for 1/4xBZ-MUNH and 1/4xBD-CHLT if any other partials of speciality grain pop up, I'd be interested.

I will take 1/4 BZ-MUNH and 1/4 BD-CHLT

I am also looking for a half sack of Pilsner if anyone is willing to split it with me?

Tom I will take the other half of Coal Cracker's BZ-Pils!
Also I didn't see my name on the list I was getting in on the 1/4 munich

Tom,

I am interested in the rest of the BZ-MUNH. I tried following the thread and I think their is 1/4 left. I'll do 1/2 if available.

Thanks

I think everything is updated. Haven't done it for awhile due to crap on my end. If anything is screwed up, let me know. On the plus side, we need 11 sacks!!
Tom

Back