BrewVint yeast fuel capsule?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q2XL

Reaction score
I am going to brew my first batch in many years on Saturday. I am brewing a Bass ale clone form AHB. The kit came with a BrewVint capsule and it says that I should add it to the wort in the last 10 minutes of the boil.

I have a yeast starter going now. Do I need the capsule since I am doing a starter and is it a big benefit if I wouldn't be using starter?

It wont hurt anything but to be honest when I bought one of those things, I didn't see it make any difference with lagging or fermentation.

I use em. Haven't made a brew without it so I can't really speak to weather or not its worth it, but it doesn't hurt. I've heard good things about them from others on here. I usually pull the capsule apart myself and dump in the powder just because I don't like the capsule melting in there. The capsule won't hurt anything, but I just feel better about it if I dump it myself. *shrug*

I use em. Haven't made a brew without it so I can't really speak to weather or not its worth it, but it doesn't hurt. I've heard good things about them from others on here. I usually pull the capsule apart myself and dump in the powder just because I don't like the capsule melting in there. The capsule won't hurt anything, but I just feel better about it if I dump it myself. *shrug*

That's EXACTLY what I do!

If it's a regular medicine / vitamin capsule, those are made of gelatin. No danger from that, and if anything it could actually act as a clarifier... but realistically it's a very small amount of gelatin.

I did a batch using one of these and it seemed to help with the ferment.
The bucket lid was bulging up never saw that before.

That's what I do as well. I've only made 3 batches and all of them have had the BrewVint fuel. I have no idea what kind of difference it would make. But, I can't imagine its going to hurt anything using it.

Back