home bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo62002

Reaction score
so im looking at making myself a home bar. and i need some ideas so i was wondering if you all could show some pics of your own home bars.

check out the search feature. theres some awesome builds on this section of the site alone!

Here's what I plan to do:

I'll go to my local Habitat for Humanity Re-store and buy some base cabinets. Then I'll either build or buy some doors. After that, I'll build a frame around the cabinets and sheet it in plywood, probably teak. The finishing touch will be to build a custom top with a padded rail.

I searched for "Show us your bar" and didn't see any huge hits. Sounds like you got a potential for a new thread.

Here's what I plan to do:

I'll go to my local Habitat for Humanity Re-store and buy some base cabinets. Then I'll either build or buy some doors. After that, I'll build a frame around the cabinets and sheet it in plywood, probably teak. The finishing touch will be to build a custom top with a padded rail.

Hey thanks. I'd never even heard of the HFH Restore. Now I've got to go check one out.

My bar:

Kal_HT2008_13_resize.jpg

Kal_HT2008_11_resize.jpg

Closeup of the taps:

Kal_HT2008_17_resize.jpg

I take credit for everything other than actual granite bar... I didn't built it. It was in the house when we moved in in 2000. It's solid panels of granite and isn't going to move any time soon. The only design issue (IMHO) is that the bar overhang isn't deep enough for people to sit at the bar comfortably.

The previous owner did make pretty intelligent use of the basement support posts without having to move them. They're hidden in the columns beside the bar.

Kal

My bar:

I take credit for everything other than actual granite bar... I didn't built it. It was in the house when we moved in in 2000. It's solid panels of granite and isn't going to move any time soon. The only design issue (IMHO) is that the bar overhang isn't deep enough for people to sit at the bar comfortably.

The previous owner did make pretty intelligent use of the basement support posts without having to move them. They're hidden in the columns beside the bar.

Kal

That is one of the coolest basement ever, it looks like Chuck E. Cheese for grownups...

Steveo, this thread has some bars in it, maybe its a start.

Back