oxygen tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerface

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Got yet another question. So I bought a oxygen kit to put oxygen back into my wort after a boil. All I need is the oxygen tank. Saw a tank at Home Depot. But I look at the bottle and it has all these warnings on it. Ie. Only to be used for welding and contents under pressure. Are these normal warnings? Can it be used for brewing oxygenating purposes? Or am I being to paranoid?

small red tank with 1.6 oz of oxygen. work perfectly

My Setup (similar to your own) Oxygen1.jpg

So what's the diff then with the blue oxygen tanks and the red ones. So I am assuming that these tanks are food grade. No off flavours? Sorry for silly ass questions

You won't have a problem mixing the disposable blue (propane) tanks with the red (O2). The threads for the propane are right-hand and O2 are left. You cannot screw a propane cylinder onto an O2 regulator.

Hey everybody. Got yet another question. So I bought a oxygen kit to put oxygen back into my wort after a boil. All I need is the oxygen tank. Saw a tank at Home Depot. But I look at the bottle and it has all these warnings on it. Ie. Only to be used for welding and contents under pressure. Are these normal warnings? Can it be used for brewing oxygenating purposes? Or am I being to paranoid?

The red Home Depot O2 tanks are fine. That's what a lot of us use.

So what's the diff then with the blue oxygen tanks and the red ones. So I am assuming that these tanks are food grade. No off flavours? Sorry for silly ass questions

Hah. Don't buy the blue tank. Read the label a little more closely....

Back