Beertools Pro downloadable recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretsforlife

Reaction score
On their website, I noticed all the recipes in the recipe section but found it odd that there was no way to download the .btp version to use in the software. Is there a way to do this that i seem to be missing? I'd like to be able to plug the recipe in so that I can apply it to my equipment/batch size/tweaks etc. Its a pain manually punching each line item.

Thanks,

Open BTP. Click the tab at the top that says "online". Click on "My recipes". Then log in and it'll display all your saved recipes from the website. If you see a recipe you want, just save it to your favorites on the website and then load it through the "my recipes" screen in BTP.

Open BTP. Click the tab at the top that says "online". Click on "My recipes". Then log in and it'll display all your saved recipes from the website. If you see a recipe you want, just save it to your favorites on the website and then load it through the "my recipes" screen in BTP.

I cant believe i couldn't figure this out myself. Me not smart. thanks

i basically bought BTP for the download feature before i realized there's no way to UPLOAD back to the beertools.com website... and all the recipes that are on the website, while available to download must be re-entered on the website to show up there!

from reading their forums it seems that he/they have been working on it for several years (posts date back to 2006ish) but it hasn't happened yet...

other than that it seems like a good program...

know what you're getting,
-tim

I don't see that as much of a downfall for the program. It does what it's intended to do. I used to post recipes there, but since finding this site, I no longer use their forums or their recipe database.

Back