65% abv??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
WOWIE!! Ship one to TX??? :rockin:

http://t.now.msn.com/beer-packs-astoundingly-potent-65-percent-alcohol-content

"A Scottish Brewery’s new concoction packs a Whisky-strong punch. Brewmeister Brewery is aiming for the record books with its new Armageddon beer, which the brewery claims has an ABV (Alcohol by Volume) of 65 percent (Most beers have an ABV between 3 and 7 percent). Brewmeister says the brew’s stumble-inducing alcohol content is a product of its brewing process, called freeze fermenting, in which the beer is cooled to freezing, which freezes the water but not the alcohol, leaving a potent finished product. The beer, which goes on sale Nov. 3, is so strong that the brewers recommend sipping it in small quantities like a fine whisky."

"The beer, which goes on sale Nov. 3, is so strong that the brewers recommend sipping it in small quantities like a fine whisky."

Really? Ya think?

Quite honestly, I can't imagine it tasting very good, at least not by beer standards. It sounds to me like they are really making whisky, but are substituting the ice beer process for traditional distilling processes.

It would probably be a "been there, done that" thing for sure.. I'd just like to say I had the strongest beer ever made! lol

The highest ABV I ever tasted was EKU. I can't remember if it was 23% but it was ridiculously high even for Belgian standards. In Belgium my friend's cousin bought a single bottle for us to drink. Between the 3 of us we had trouble finishing it. It was like someone poured cognac and beer together in a glass.

This Scottish one I can only imagine it would taste awful.

yeah, this is kinda old news. fox reported on it about a month or so ago. i can't imagine it being good in any way

Yeah, what's the point really? If you just want ABV then why not just buy pure ethyl alcohol and dump it in your beer.

I once screwed up a Stout that only come out to about 3% ABV, but tasted great! To me this was a big bonus because I could drink more of it.

Back