Haus ale First batch bottling question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingdogwine

Reaction score
Bottled 30 bottles or ed's haus ale, this was my first batch ever, and I must say, despite the fact that this beer is a day bottled and not carbed yet its delicious, I dare say its the best beer I have ever tasted, despite my noob mistakes, and I can't wait to taste it aged.

I bottled yesterday, the beer had been crash cooling for 3 days in the fridge. I see no bubbles in the bottle! is this normal? I did hear a tiny hiss as I opened today's bottle though.

Leave the bottles sit instead of messing with them. I know it's tempting, but even under ideal conditions the beer will need 10 days+ to fully carbonate and condition. 2-3 weeks is more common if conditions aren't "just right" - hence the common advice to not touch your bottles for three weeks.

You shouldn't expect to see bubbles in the bottle - only a haze that builds and then slowly dissipates as the yeast flocculates.

Back