Where to get CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetStrunk

Reaction score
Hey all, my awesome wife bought me a kegging setup for Christmas and I'm trying to get it all put together and get some beer on tap.

One thing I still need though is to get my tank filled. I've got a shiny new 10# aluminum tank, so I'm not really interested in trading it away for some grody old steel one, but I'd like to just get it filled if possible.

I'm in Bowie, though I'm not opposed to driving a little if somebody's got a good place to deal with, especially since I figure a tank fill will only be a few times a year thing. Go ahead and post what/where the place is and how much a fill costs (if you know). :mug:

You can also look up fire extingisher places they ussually fill em too! In my area they charge $15 and more if they have to presure test the tank:)good luck

Hey all, my awesome wife bought me a kegging setup for Christmas and I'm trying to get it all put together and get some beer on tap.

One thing I still need though is to get my tank filled. I've got a shiny new 10# aluminum tank, so I'm not really interested in trading it away for some grody old steel one, but I'd like to just get it filled if possible.

I'm in Bowie, though I'm not opposed to driving a little if somebody's got a good place to deal with, especially since I figure a tank fill will only be a few times a year thing. Go ahead and post what/where the place is and how much a fill costs (if you know). :mug:

There is a great Map for the DMV area here: http://brew.burp.org/Brewing/CO2SourcesUpdated.aspx - But if you are in Bowie, the best place is Laurel Bottled Gas. they do refills and have better prices. Roberts Oxygen mostly only do swaps.

Thanks for the info guys! A friend at work also recommended Laurel Bottled Gas, so I'm gonna give them a try and I'll report back. I guess they do all kinds of fills, including CO2 and propane, which is pretty handy if you need both.

I've had my Co2 filled at Roberts as well. They charge $20 for a 20lb tank which isnt bad considering they are 5 min from my work. My friend says Weld world is way cheaper for welding gas, id think Co2 is the same. You can call and check.

410-354-0700
5110 Curtis Ave, Baltimore, MD

side note.. the SS gas tanks at roberts give me a hard on thinking about 50+ gal kettles :) The guy said they already have a scrappper for broken tanks i need to get with him :)

Made a successful trip to Laurel Bottled Gas. The place looks like it might fall apart at any minute, but it's a 50 year old family owned business, and I like supporting places like that.

I paid about 19 bucks (including tax) for a 10# fill. The guy was helpful and I was only there 5-10 minutes (he was sitting around watching TV when I walked in). He checked my tank's date and slapped a CO2 info sticker on it before filling. They also do propane - according to the sign in the office, a 20# fill is 20 bucks. So I guess their prices are not the cheapest possible, but they're not unreasonable, and it's close enough to home, so I'll probably go back (at least for CO2).

the best place is Laurel Bottled Gas. they do refills and have better prices.

Thanks for this tip. Totally agree. A guy came out and grabbed my bottle and took off with it, without me saying a word. I love places like this.

Roberts just does a swap, FYI, you get outa there as fast as you can pay. Although typically i get stuck looking at and buying some welding supplies. Luckily last time i got out of there with only a SS brush extra.

Back