Westmalle Challenge - Brew a clone westmalle dubble that is spot on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazbeer

Reaction score
My favorite beer in the entire world is the Westmalle Dubble
I have had it many times at Cafe Trappisten in Belgium, the cafe across the street from the monastery, a short bus ride from downtown Antwerp
If you have never been, it's a must do trip. I have so much respect and admiration for the monks and the lea people that brew this heavenly beverage.
The only problem is , I can only get it in bottles in the states and it's just not the same, so my quest is to figure out how to brew at home. It will be a challenge and I will need all the help I can get. So if you love Belgian beer join me in my quest. I have a bottle I brought back from Belgium and will be harvesting the yeast, I will share it with all who are interested in participating in this project. If there are any Belgian brewers on the forum I would be humbled if you offer your comments/ advise/ encouragement. Thanks Chaz

Back