Keezer - Using a collar AND a coffin!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perogi

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,

Short time lurker - this might be my first post :cross:

I'm looking into using both techniques in order to (hopefully) get the benefits of both - I looked around but I couldn't find any other examples.

First part - typical keezer build with a collar. Up on a stand to have the collar above the second part.
Second part - essentially a standard cabinet - 36" high ~ 12-16" wide.

Around both parts will be a wood frame to make it look like a built-in/bar area.

Here is a quick drawing of what I am thinking of.

Keezer_idea_withLabels.jpg

If anyone has done this or knows of threads, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
perogi.

I am in the process of building mine right now. I have it mocked up for a collar and a coffin but it's just too damn tall. As it sits, my bar top will be about 50" tall. I'm going to ditch the collar and just go with the regular style.

Good idea.

I feel dumb for never even thinking about that style!

Thanks H-Balm - I like the collar idea because it doesn't put any holes in the freezer but beer dripping on our kitchen/dining room floor will make the SWMBO stop the whole thing and make me move the keezer into the basement. And who wants to walk up and down stairs if they don't have to for a beer?? ;-)

i built a collar to raise up the total height of mine and to be able to use the hump to put a keg on there and built a coffin for the taps.

Back