The sky has fallen.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad3529

Reaction score
Yep.....the sky has fallen. I didnt take the brew store's advice and buy a 5g carboy. I decided to get the 2.5 because I thought thats all I would need. Well.....after my wife and I hit the homebrew.....only 2 bottles left. That means I waited over 2 weeks to only have 2 good nights with my precious homebrew!!!! Wow.....I waited a few extra days to carb.....and chilled it better.....and wow....it is much better.
My wife loves this stuff and wants me to brew much more. (Yes !!!!!!)
I have a couple questions for all of you:

1.) My next batch will be Choc. Milk stout. How long should I age it in bottles???? or how long if I get a keg system????
2.) Im looking at doing a keggerator. What do you think about converting a wine chiller???? Much cheaper than the Sanyo. Im doing a "out the front door" tap system. No tower. Cant find much info on the web about this subject.
3.) After the Choc. Milk Stout....whats the next batch??? Need a summer beer here in Texas. Quick to be ready for the wife. I do extract- FYI. Not smart enough for full brew yet. :)

Thank you everyone.
God Im happy the wife is on-board with this new hobby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care-
Bard
PS- Sorry for any spelling......Im finishing off the new homebrew now !!!!!:)

1. No difference whether you keg or bottle...should give it at least three weeks, and something around two months would probably be ideal.
2. Not sure on the specs for the wine chiller (or why it'd be so much cheaper than the Sanyo?), but if it's big enough to hold cornies, if you can drill it for taps, and if it has the cooling power to chill 10-15 gallons of beer, it's probably OK.
3. Hefeweizen. Fast, great summer beer. Check the recipe database for some examples, and post again (or PM the original brewer) if it's an AG recipe and you want help converting to extract.

My Blue Balls Belgin Wit (aka Blue Moon) has over 2,000 hits and I hear it is a smash for summer.

There's an extract recipe buried in there somewere.

Very easy...very quick.

BierMuncher said:
My Blue Balls Belgin Wit (aka Blue Moon) has over 2,000 hits and I hear it is a smash for summer.

There's an extract recipe buried in there somewere.

Very easy...very quick.

Oooh good call. Sorry Munch, meant to mention this one too!

Back