Delay after Smacking Smack Pack... How Long is OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superslomo

Reaction score
I popped three activator packs last night, planning to brew today... didn't get around to it, they are all quite puffy.

Question is: is it ok if I brew and pitch tomorrow? Do I need to set them all in starters tonight, or am I ok?

One of them is an extra pack for a tripel which I made a big starter for... the other two are for a regular Northern Brewer American Wheat and Petite Saison respectively.

If I need to do a starter to hold them, it's ok, but a hassle. Any advice much appreciated.

Starters are considered to always be better with liquid yeast but you will be fine. I think you could even leave them on the counter unless it is a lot hotter where you are than here. If it is hot put them in the fridge then take them out when you start your brew session tomorrow. They should them be warmed to pitching temp when the wort is ready.

If they are the big pack of Wyeast, you'll be fine (100 billion cells). If they are the small (25 billion), crank it up.

yeah, they are the activator pack. They are out of the fridge now, the boil has commenced. Petite saison is bottled, today will be tripel, Wheat Beer, and another Petite Saison.

Back