• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

bottles that can be capped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know everyone uses 22oz bombers but I was wondering if there were bigger ones that that aren't twist offs commercially sold. I've found 32 oz Carta Blanca bottles here in NC but that's all....would like to find more 32 and even 40's if anyone knows of any....I only bottle 12 oz for competitions and bottle those from a keg. If I have extra beer when I keg I bottle condition it and want as big a bottle as possible!

Look for a beer called "Famosa" if you can find it. It's a low end import 1L bottles and cheaper than the bottles alone. I got mine around $1.50/L. Made my friends drink it.

ProzHack said:
Look for a beer called "Famosa" if you can find it. It's a low end import 1L bottles and cheaper than the bottles alone. I got mine around $1.50/L. Made my friends drink it.

Round here I have seen a beer that comes in a 3l plastic bottle, can't imagine it being good, cause I remember it doesn't cost a whole lot

Tecate also comes in 32oz brown crown cap bottles. Anything larger and all I've seen were screw caps. They work too, but I never could find new screw caps. Also 1-litre flip-tops are pretty common at the homebrew stores.

Martinelli's sparkling apple cider are 750ml (25.4 oz) bottles and can be crown capped with a wing capper.

Most 750ml beers that are not corked can be reused. I like cigar city 750s the best. Dogfish 750s also work.

Back